First World Problems - Oh the humanity!

chai2

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2016 05:14 pm
A place to share your most trivial of struggles that are keeping you from attaining nirvana.

I'll start.

Yesterday, I decided that after a more than a five year break from nail polish I MUST give myself a manicure. Immediately!

I pulled down the exquisite box I kept all my polishes, cuticle treatments, drying agents to find they had all gone past their prime.

I had gone cold turkey on the nail lacquer as I finally had to admit to myself that I was powerless over OPI. But to see the wreckage of my past! Oh sure, there were a couple of Revlon bottles of no consequence. But...to see bottles from my Greek Isles Collection; Melon of Troy, Greece just Blew Me Away, and my favorite, Titan Your Toga separated, dried, unable to dry when applied, almost made me weep.

There were others I bought that I never really feel in love with, such as Lucerne-tainly Look Marvelous, Diva of Geneva, but they were bought when my mind wasn't right.

Sahara Saphire...I can't talk about it. My heart aches for this lost friend. Maybe I can mix in some....no....don't Chai....you can't, don't kid yourself.

On a happier note, I did have some top coat and a bottle of Drip Dry that had never been opened, so yes, thank God they are safe.
AND! They were having a sale at Ulta, 2 OPI's for $16 AND I had a $3.50 off $15 coupon!

So I now have fresh base coat and Silver on Ice, from the Infinite Shine Collection. It's all I'll get. No more. Nope, not me.

But still, my lost friends....<choke>

http://opi.com/sites/default/files/styles/large/public/ISL48.jpg?itok=4LSA3n9o
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 21 • Views: 4,037 • Replies: 52

roger

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2016 05:56 pm
@chai2,
First world problems? That would be like being overweight and not finding a parking spot.
chai2

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2016 06:34 pm
@roger,
No, tell us one you're experiencing!

This is a shame free zone of being able to angst about something and not worry that someone is going to say, "seriously?".

0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2016 07:50 pm
The local pizza chain, Pizza Pizza, no longer carries ranch dipping sauce. How are we supposed to cope?
chai2

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2016 07:57 pm
@Setanta,
I have a meeting next week scheduled for 11am.

11am! That means I'll have to get out of bed by 9am.

Is there no mercy?
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2016 07:59 pm
There is ONE rule, no make that two rules for this thread.

NO thumbing people down, (like some ass wipe just did, but I thumbed it back up) and Absolutely No indications whatever someone deems a problem is of no consequence.

These are serious first world problems folks.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2016 08:05 pm
I put my record player in storage for about a month. That was all it took to ruin it forever. So then I passed on a chance to buy a really nice one, because a friend had one to give me. The one she had was Pioneer and had cost lots of money. But the turntable is great, but nothing I do gets the sound to work. Now I don't got nothing.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2016 02:32 am
Jason Mansford has based a whole set on it.

oralloy

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2016 04:45 am
I log into World of Warcraft and go join the fight in Ashran. I end up on a team that is losing badly. I do what I can to help the team start succeeding. So do others. The team starts to succeed. Shortly before we finally score a victory, my internet disconnects. When I log back on, I am on a different team, that is losing badly. I do what I can to help the team start succeeding. So do others. The team starts to succeed. Shortly before we finally score a victory, my internet disconnects. When I log back on.....
chai2

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2016 09:26 am
@oralloy,
oralloy, is your real 1st name Sisyphus?

That meeting I mentioned above? Rescheduled for Aug 1. Make up your mind people! How am I supposed to deal with all these changes.

0 Replies

chai2

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2016 09:28 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Jason Mansford has based a whole set on it.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uap-T9BFvGI[/youtube]

The sound quality is muffled, and between that and the accent, I simply cannot enjoy the obviously hysterical humor. It's always me who's left out.
George

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2016 10:00 am
@chai2,
Maybe there's an English-language version?
chai2

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2016 11:07 am
@George,
Well there's another FWP George! On top of not understanding the original, I'd have to go find a version I can understand.

That's a 2 for 1.
0 Replies

thack45

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2016 11:38 am
I strained my back lugging all of my money around. Problem is, I had to hurry up because there were poor people everywhere!
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2016 01:16 pm
@chai2,
I'm getting off work at 4:00PM, yet I have to wait for my coworker to get off work at 5:00PM before heading to Coney Island with him.

We're attending a minor league baseball with free hot dogs from Nathan's Famous with the rest of the firm. Free baseball tickets and dinner.

And it's going to be megahumid out. Almost 90 degrees. Embarrassed Why me?!
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2016 01:43 pm
@chai2,
Sometimes my daughter moves the remote from the arm of the couch where it is within easy reach, over the coffee table, which forces me to take my feet of the pillow and lean forward to retrieve the remote.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2016 01:56 pm
I just woke up from a nap, and now I'm all groggy.
0 Replies

George

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2016 06:03 pm
We're remodeling the upstairs bathroom.
Until they finish, I have to go all the way downstairs to pee!
0 Replies

Kolyo

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2016 09:24 pm
My friend couldn't accompany me to a show last night after we won free tickets the week before. His company held him late and only paid him time and a half instead of double. Down with America!
0 Replies

TomTomBinks

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2016 10:28 pm
@chai2,
I'm almost out of wine! (whine)
0 Replies