Can I get into an Ivy League?

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2016 07:37 pm
For the past 5 years of my life, I have worked so hard that I've actually lost the notion of "peace", I am currently 17 years old and I will soon apply to College.
I am an International Student, I live in Morocco. In high school (3 last years) we have the choice between many options in order to pursue our education.
There are: experimental sciences (it's average, not easy), literature (easy), economics (easy) ... and then there's "Mathematical Sciences"
in a few words, it is hell on earth
we have 10 classes, we study on the weekend and on holidays, we master Maths in its purest form, its credit is 9, along with Physics/Chemistry (credit: 7) which is kind of a life destroyer, those are the main classes, we also study: Biology/earth science (credit: 2) , French (credit: 4), History/Geography (credit: 2), Philosophy (credit: 2), Arabic (credit: 2), Religion (credit : 2), Sports (credit: 2), English (credit: 3). In Senior year we study Engineering science (credit: 2) (for those who chose MS B (long explanation, just roll with it))
All in all, I sometimes regret choosing that option but at the same time I am improving my skills and sharpening my knowledge.
In my junior year of Mathematical sciences (we are 12 in the class) I finished second with a 17.9/20 which is the equivalent of a 19.5/20 in experimental sciences.
And since forever, I have always wanted to get into a good college; an Ivy league.
What I have achieved until now:
- A 17.9/20 in the most challenging course of the country.
- An overall of 17.44 in the past high school grades
- My book is soon going to be published in France
- I write a lot, throughout the last 17 years of my life, I have finished 3 books.
- I am doing an online internship on 7cups.
- I have taken part in an official debate made by the united nations
- SAT: 1560/1600 (I took it once)
- Fluent in: Classical Arabic, Arabic, French, English and Spanish
I don't get much time to do anything else, I don't have enough energy for everything else and I feel like this is not enough, and I am seriously freaking out right now.
Also: there are no clubs in our schools or anything, nothing much is available for high schoolers
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,903 • Replies: 2
No top replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2016 09:13 pm
Welcome to a2k. Your studies and activities sound great to me, but I'm not an ivy league education expert, so this post of mine is mostly a bump to show interest. People may take a while to see your post and respond.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2016 05:04 pm
I'm bumping this up in case someone of us can help this student. (I suspect some lot of us left for the days of the decription stuff.)
0 Replies