I am 18 and he's 45

Linda12

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2016 11:06 pm
@annie97,
I believe love transcends age.
annie97

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2016 06:22 am
@Linda12,
Guys I carefully read all your replies and your opinions. I agree that the society puts pressure on women, but it's on us to correctly deal with it. Indeed the biggest reason for my hesitation to have affairs with this man is the opinion of the mass, the society's unwritten rules. But I want to point you out that it's not only a matter of age and marriage here. He actually deceived me. He used a fake profile to approach me, he didn't tell the truth from the start. I know he did that so as to come closer to me without scaring me but he is a grown up adult and he has to be honest at all points with me. He also deceives his wife, his daughters, all in all some of the most significant people in his life. This shows me that he is a man I don't really need in my life. Age issues are another thing, he-as a 45- year-old man- seemed to thing that I -an almost 19-year-old woman- am not so smart or mature to understand some things. I met him outside as I had told you I would do, and all he did while talking was to try to persuade me to have affairs with him, not pay attention to my decisions about the future (I mean not continue seeing him) and he wanted everything his way. I was saying all these to him and he was trying to sit closer to me and hug me or something. To my eyes he was a disgusting middle aged man. He showed off to me about his previous girlfriends and when I announced that I don't want him in my life he went moody, didn't respect my choice and also tried to change my mind in his way. In a few words, a dumbass. A waste of time and thoughts. I feel sorry for his family, and remember that if you choose to have affairs with a married person, then you show disrespect for his/her wife/husband. It's not your mistake about his/her family, but since you know it you are somehow guilty, too. Kisses!
DrewDad

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2016 06:22 am
@Linda12,
So does being a douchy creeper.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2016 06:23 am
@annie97,
annie97 wrote:
He actually deceived me. He used a fake profile to approach me, he didn't tell the truth from the start. I know he did that so as to come closer to me without scaring me but he is a grown up adult and he has to be honest at all points with me. He also deceives his wife, his daughters, all in all some of the most significant people in his life. This shows me that he is a man I don't really need in my life.

Bingo!

I wish you all the best.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2016 09:45 am
@annie97,
Yep, a short walk and talk doesn't hurt and can tell you everything you need to know about a person. Now you don't need to wonder if you missed something worth while.

All the best,
Leadfoot
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2016 10:17 am
@annie97,
annie97 wrote:
He actually deceived me. He used a fake profile to approach me, he didn't tell the truth from the start.

that was in your OP
hopefully you'll consider your own advice to yourself in the future

best of luck going forward
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2016 12:41 pm
@annie97,
We all agree on this. For you to never talk to this guy again is completely appropriate.

In my opinion you should say "No" politely (and clearly) once to anyone. After that I don't think that you have any obligation to explain anything or to be polite after that. If someone doesn't accept a polite "No" for an answer, a "f*** off" with no other explanation is appropriate. (I don't think age has anything to do with it... you can say 'No' without giving any reason).

My disagreement with DrewDad (and EhBeth) was the hypothetical situation where a woman your age wanted a relationship that would be deemed inappropriate by some parts of society. We dove into this discussion because I thought Punkey went too far on condemning consensual relationships with big age differences.

I hope this was clear (and I apologize if it wasn't). I think we all agree with you, and support your right to tell this guy (or any guy who won't respect a 'No') to buzz off without any explanation.

maxdancona

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2016 01:23 pm
@maxdancona,
That's funny.

My post says that a woman can say "no" for any reason without giving an explanation (something I thought that everyone could agree with)... and it still gets thumbed down. I suspect this anonymous thumber doesn't really hold such backwards views about women in the 21st century. It is like some people here are so eager to shut out any ideas that might challenge their point of view that they don't even think about what is being said.

0 Replies

annie97

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2016 06:44 am
@Leadfoot,
This guy actually wanted to validate himself by dating a much younger girl, that's what gets to my mind these days.. I am so glad I took the decision to turn him down, he only seems disgusting to me now, and not about his age. About his behaviour as an experienced man, a father, that tried to force me to have an affair with him, and yes he forced me in a way because he insisted a lot and even some weeks ago he was sending me messages telling me that he wants to see me, but no way. And yes I believe age isn't an issue if the couple is fine with it, but every case differs, and my case is definately not a good one to be involved in Smile
Leadfoot

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2016 04:04 pm
@annie97,
I think you've got the right read on this Annie.
These 'reading skills' are so important because we want intimacy (not just sex) so badly that it's easy to see what we want instead of what's there. Done that myself a time or three.

All the best,
Leadfoot
0 Replies