Is This What God Purposed?

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2016 04:48 pm
READ any newspaper. Look at television, or listen to the radio. There are so many stories of crime, war, and terrorism! Think about your own troubles. Perhaps illness or the death of a loved one is causing you great distress. Think for a moment about your own anxieties and troubles. They may include money matters, family problems, loss of health, or the death of a loved one. The Bible can help you deal with problems today, and it teaches that God will soon bring changes on the earth. What are these changes and can we believe them?

33export

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2016 05:29 pm
@BroRando,

All I know is what I read in the papers.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2016 09:16 pm
@BroRando,
Golly! Do you mean the bible will help me address the stock market and make me rich?
TomTomBinks

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2016 09:39 pm
@RABEL222,
How can the Bible prevent the death of my loved ones? or illness? or terrorism? or crime?.....?
roger

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2016 10:17 pm
@TomTomBinks,
What it can do is help you understand God's will.
0 Replies

33export

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2016 11:17 pm
George is quoted here:
https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?&id=OIP.M786415fd8dc7b59900c9e42b29538931o0&w=198&h=199&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0&r=0

All others pay cash.
0 Replies

fresco

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2016 01:52 am
@BroRando,
Q: As a JW are you taking the soft option by attempting to preach on the internet ? Wouldn't you gain more celestial points by getting out there in elements, proselytising in the streets and knocking on doors ?
No pain - no gain !
farmerman

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2016 04:40 am
@fresco,
God is gonna require that no pistachios are sold in bags of less than a pound.That alone oughta take care of some of the kvetching.
Leadfoot

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2016 09:28 am
@TomTomBinks,
Quote:
How can the Bible prevent the death of my loved ones? or illness? or terrorism? or crime?.....?

It's not meant to prevent any of those things. Didn't you get the word? Death can be something to look forward to, not prevented.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2016 09:46 am
@farmerman,
This just in!
God said it ok fpor jews to eat bacon and crabcakes
0 Replies

Smileyrius

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2016 10:27 am
@TomTomBinks,
It can't and it doesn't profess to, what it does is gives you guidance to improve quality of life in the world we live in, and a manifesto for the world to come.

I am not going to convince you that it is correct, but for those who hold to the bible, hope is a powerful thing, and there is sensible guidance on how to navigate the difficulties one faces in this life, some of which you will disagree with regardless If the bible is moot and I don't get any "reward" I have lived a happy existence, and am rather satisfied with the life I have gotten from being a believer.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2016 11:55 am
Give me birthdays and give me death!
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2016 11:58 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
@fresco,
God is gonna require that no pistachios are sold in bags of less than a pound.That alone oughta take care of some of the kvetching.

Stop waiting! You can buy as big a bag as you want NOW!
farmerman

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2016 03:34 pm
@Leadfoot,
Quote:
God is gonna require that no pistachios are sold in bags of less than a pound
you must try to follow the point.
ince I dont live in California any longer, Im not able to buy really large bags (like 25 pouners)

The market dwells on these damn small inconsistent volume bags. SOme bags are 2 oz, some bags are 64 grams, we have oz, 1/4 pound, a few 1/2 pound bags nd many grm bags.
CONSISTENCY IN PISTACHIO SALES. That shpould keep some god busy for a few centuries as he tries to understnd how marketing works.
Leadfoot

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2016 03:44 pm
@farmerman,
Leaving on a side trip to CA in 11 days. If I lived closer I'd pick you up a bag.
But Publix in FL sells them in bulk and you can weigh the bag yourself. I usually go for dry roasted cashews. Not enough will power for unlimited pistachios laying around.
farmerman

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2016 04:27 pm
@Leadfoot,
Ill say that you arent allergic to poison ivy (a member of the cashew family of plants) Anywhere special in Calif?
Expert2

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2016 06:58 pm
@BroRando,
I believe the Society we live in today is Satan's doing. Just like a toilet that is backed up, it needs a desperate flushing.
farmerman

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2016 07:02 pm
@Expert2,
You mean SANTA, no?
Expert2

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2016 07:04 pm
@farmerman,
Santa, Satan, same difference. {:-)
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2016 11:41 pm
God can go EAD