Obama finally decides to assist Putin against ISIS

RABEL222

Reply Sun 3 Jul, 2016 01:21 pm
@Glennn,
And something you missed is the FACT that the Russians have been targeting U S allies in Syria because Bashar al-Assad wanted to weaken them. The U S has been threatening to start bombing him and his troops thus suddenly the Russians have begun to target Isis.
0 Replies

Glennn

Reply Sun 3 Jul, 2016 04:20 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
Set your straw man up for someone else--i said nothing bout rebels smuggling oil.

You said that ". . . their operations have been to target anti-Assad rebel groups." Since you say that Russia has not been targeting ISIS, you must believe that it's the anti-Assad crowd smuggling the oil--the ones that Russia bombed.
Quote:
but it is not targeting Islamic State military targets.

You're playing dumb. If you know anything about war, you know that cutting off funding to an aggressor is targeting the aggressor. Why do you think Russia targeted the oil installations and the tanker convoys?
Quote:
I guess either your short-term memory or your reading comprehension is poor--probably both.

I'm afraid it's your short-term memory that is on display here. You keep forgetting that you said that any attack on ISIS by Russia was a case of mistaken targets. I showed you that that is false. I posted a link so that you might come to terms with your misconceptions.
Setanta

Reply Sun 3 Jul, 2016 04:58 pm
@Glennn,
Don't try logic, you're no good at it. That was a straw man and you have no reasoning abilities. Fuel convoys driven by civilians are not military targets. Don't try to tell me anything about war, rather, go teach your grandmother to suck eggs. The fuel convoy was not a convoy of Islamic State fighters. Try to let that sink in. Oralloy quoted and linked evidence that the convoy was driven by civilians, not Islamic State fighters.

You're ignoring what i pointed out about the topic of this thread. You're ignoring that a single air strike by Russian planes would not support Lash's claim about the Russians being more effective. It does not change the fact that the American coalition had been attacking Islamic State for more than a year when the Russians showed up. You're playing the idiotic game you always play, the game of internet clowns who just argue for argument's sake. I made a sarcastic remark and you're trying to make it the centerpiece of your "rhetoric." I'll not waste any more time on you.
Glennn

Reply Sun 3 Jul, 2016 05:46 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
The fuel convoy was not a convoy of Islamic State fighters.

Sure they were. You've decided that drivers in a stolen-oil convoy have nothing to do with stolen oil. That's ridiculous.
Quote:
Oralloy quoted and linked evidence that the convoy was driven by civilians, not Islamic State fighters.

Yes, and once again your short-term memory problems are causing you to forget that I showed you this: From his link ". . . probably not members of ISIL; they're probably just civilians." What's up with the memory problems, Setanta? Or is probably the new certainly?
Quote:
You're ignoring that a single air strike by Russian planes . . .

No, actually, it's your short-term memory problems raising its ugly head again. Remember this:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3324789/Russia-hits-ISIS-hurts-Raids-target-oil-trucks-Syria.html

Why don't you actually look at it this time!?

Quote:
I made a sarcastic remark and you're trying to make it the centerpiece of your "rhetoric."

Oh, so now your statement that if Russia attacked ISIS, it was a targeting error was simply sarcasm. Sure man. Actually, sarcasm doesn't work that way, but I understand that you were probably in a hurry.
Quote:
I'll not waste any more time on you.

Yes you will.
0 Replies

momoends

Reply Sun 3 Jul, 2016 10:20 pm
@Glennn,
@Glennn
http://www.elmundo.es/internacional/2016/07/03/577967ef22601d4e488b459a.html
"Las autoridades dijeron que los atacantes suicidas eran un ruso, un uzbeko y un kirguizo, mientras que la agencia Anadolu ha avanzado los nombres de Rakim Bulgarov y Vadim Osmanov, sin especificar su nacionalidad. Las antiguas repúblicas soviéticas de Asia Central están entre los yihadistas proveedores más importantes de Siria e Irak."
TRANSLATION: Authorities have declared that one ofthe suicidal terrorists was russian, one from Uzbekistan and one from RSS Kirguistan. The former soviet republics of Central Asia are one of the most important suppliers of Sirian and Ikakies Jihadist....

This is about oil.... Russia is fighting with USA and Europa to control the Medium Orient oil
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-l44KUQHoVY

Ill post lately another video that explains that this fight between the dominant governments at any time and the resulted , have been present for centuries now

0 Replies

momoends

Reply Sun 3 Jul, 2016 10:34 pm
@Glennn,
Hey, do you think they have the same control of their bordes as you have? I´ve been quite close Syria in the past, and all you see is a sea of sand.... Jordanians have surrounded their country with unoccupied strips of land full of land-mines as a first defense measure.... then you have another fence and another strip of land full of military forces and after that: desert again... you don't have that in turkey.... and considering, how divided their population loyalty is, they what people in that border helping them

AGAIN: we don´t get to kill people just because they may be collaborating or maybe not or maybe they can even by a load of bread and they willingly accept any money they are given at the first chance
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2017 09:19 am
Last night I saw some of the first video released following the lethal chemical attack in Syria. It's horrifying, babies looking like dolls with frozen faces, older children fighting to breath, first responders desperately trying to counter the chemicals, hospitals under attack....one segment showed an aid worker being interviewed stating it was terrifying, he could hear "war planes" over the hospital and then the room exploded. Somehow he survived but I didn't hear what happened to the stricken in hospital beds.

Iran and Russia are Bashar's biggest protectors, press reports the planes were Syrian military. Now I shall release a big sigh. Our new man in the White House condemned the attack and immediately blamed Obama. Maybe if he actually consulted with our own military intelligence and allowed himself to become savvy regarding these areas by 'gasp' State Department professionals and other Intell organizations, instead of relying on the expertise of Ivanka and Jared (the unelected man who has been tasked with a multitude of goals, none of which he has the dimmest chance of resolving) perhaps our new strong man wanna-be would have prevented this horrific attack. But no worries, he has Obama to blame and can ignore the Congressional refusal handed to Obama in 2012, because he can count on his followers not to remember. Hell, most of them can't find Syria on a map.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2017 10:37 am
@glitterbag,
Historians are not going to be nice to Trump. He doesn't know how to take responsibility for anything. That's the reason why his approval rating stays below 40%.
He thinks governing means it's a family affair with titles. No common sense.
glitterbag

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2017 11:12 am
@cicerone imposter,
If this is winning, Trump's right, I'm sick of winning.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2017 12:12 pm
@glitterbag,
The clue was Trump's "make America great again." No specifics; a grandiose verbage with nothing to back it up. How did Americans translate that BS?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2017 01:02 pm
@glitterbag,
SPicer said that the gas attack "was a result of the Obama soft touches on Isis"
Only last week President Tweets sez hes not got Assad's removal high on his "to-do" list. SO Assad, comfy with this "US approval" probably started gassing his people again.
This is xactly what happened with Saddam when he mistook our silence as an approval to attack little Kuwait. Spicer is just guilty of "MAke a ridiculous statement , and make it FIRST, then youll fool those gullible supporters"

glitterbag

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2017 01:08 pm
@farmerman,
It seems someone forced Trump to sit down and be informed of the issues. He referred to King Abdullah as a warrior and grimaced as he described babies under attack. But of course it's Obama's fault.....oh, wait....maybe it's Hillary's horrible horrible criminal acts when she was Secretary of State. Yeah, that's the ticket.
glitterbag

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2017 01:11 pm
@glitterbag,
It wasn't quite as overwrought as his flattery of the President of Egypt. Or his defense of O'Reilly or his condemnation of Susan Rice over unfounded bullshit. He's the Klown King.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2017 01:11 pm
@farmerman,
One thing is troubling me, why would Assad bomb with chemicals when he is winning? Why would he shot himself in the head for good?
On the other hand, the rebels might have been the ones pulling the S. Petersburg attack and Puttin might have done it. This one I can't figure out.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2017 01:50 pm
@glitterbag,
King Klown?
glitterbag

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2017 03:13 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Trump ......

0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2017 07:05 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
the types of agents used (according to the news), require some sophistication and some fancy equipment. (It aint like cookin meth on a camper stove). Assad had the equipment and the know-how. He supposedly "destroyed " his arsenal after an "agreement" that the US made w/ him in lieu of bombing him. Either it was Assad or Russia. I dont think even Russia would use chemical agents on innocents.
Russia, in fact, stated that the victims were "faking the hit". Yet the hospitals were unable to handle the casualties , thus most died.

ASSAD used(GB and VX) chem weapons on his own people in the past an he wasnt in a life or death struggle then either.
RABEL222

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2017 07:45 pm
@farmerman,
Dont get nervous guys. Trump will twitter Assad to oblivion.
glitterbag

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2017 08:14 pm
@RABEL222,
Well that will teach Assad a lesson he won't soon forget.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2017 08:15 pm
@RABEL222,
Trump has already scared all our allies to death with his tweets. They're all afraid of him!

https://www.buzzfeed.com/mitchprothero/trumps-tweets-are-freaking-out-americas-closest-allies?utm_term=.ll1nQ4R1Zq#.dbL37Ypg5q

Some Americans seems to be catching on; they're giving Trump lower approval ratings - even white men! Now, that's a twist.