edgarblythe

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2016 02:43 pm
@tsarstepan,
Sorry bastards.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2016 02:49 pm
@tsarstepan,
Interesting discussion. I'm not sure "Shame on Cinemark". The lawsuit was frivolous. Cinemark suffered significant financial losses then found themselves dragged through the courts. Shouldn't it be "shame on ambulance chasers"? Do the families get a pass for trying to extort money from Cinemark because they suffered first? I guess if I were a Cinemark CEO, I would write it off to avoid publicity, but I don't see them as the baddy here.
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2016 03:20 pm
@engineer,
You do know that Extortion is a felony? The lawsuit from the families may have been frivolous but it certainly wasn't a criminal act.
engineer

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2016 03:27 pm
@tsarstepan,
That you can use the legal system to extort money from a company doesn't make it any less than extortion. The law in Colorado says that the loser pays. Maybe if the lawyers paid the $700k they would think twice about filing frivolous lawsuits. Part of me feels for the families. Part of me feels that just because they were hurt, that doesn't give them a pass to try to hurt someone else. I guess some will argue that Cinemark is not a someone, it is a something, but the principle is the same.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2016 08:26 pm

That's nothing. Wait till you see what we do with the Sandy Hook families. We're going descend on their assets like the second coming of the apocalypse once their lawsuit is thrown out of court.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Shame on Cinemark Cinemas #WTF
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 12:34:04