Prospects of a career in market research?

Tue 28 Jun, 2016 05:01 am
What are the odds that I will have a glorious career ahead in the field of market resarch analyst?

jespah

Tue 28 Jun, 2016 07:29 am
@aman aziz,
Depends on your education, the opportunities in wherever you look for work, and how hard you look for a job. Just like in, you know, pretty much every field.
0 Replies

nacredambition

Tue 28 Jun, 2016 07:33 am
@aman aziz,
In
Quote:
resarch

Quote:
In probability theory and statistics, where the variable p is the probability in favor of a binary event, and the probability against the event is therefore 1-p, "the odds" of the event are the quotient of the two, or

https://wikimedia.org/api/rest_v1/media/math/render/svg/3e443e799dc4674631696ea930a2fc037f35e71e

Quote:
The odds against the event with probability given as p are

https://wikimedia.org/api/rest_v1/media/math/render/svg/4df1ce4dde6cecdcd57fa1ccabd58e9fee92b1a4
0 Replies

SarahCarter

Tue 28 Jun, 2016 09:34 am
@aman aziz,
The person in question is a Chinese national who will likely be receiving permanent residency at some point in the next couple of years. She studied English in university in China graduating with her B.A., and during that time worked as an intern at a market research firm. She has worked for two companies and has been doing qualitative work for the last three or for years now.
The one thing that she really does want to have to do is go into the service industry as that would be pretty degrading, not to mention a step backwards, after having worked in an office environment for a number of years.
Although her job in China does not pay very well in relation to the cost of living for the city she lives in, it is a real concern for everyone involved that transitioning to the United States might not be a bright option granted her professional development. Having a career is important to her and while, as I said, the prospects for an adequate salary in China are not the best, her career pathway there is at least somewhat stable.
I would be appreciative of anyone who wants to chime in.
jespah

Tue 28 Jun, 2016 10:21 am
@SarahCarter,
You got all that from a 19-word post, an empty profile, and a user who just joined today?

Whaddaya got for the lottery numbers?
cicerone imposter

Tue 28 Jun, 2016 11:07 am
@jespah,
Some people just have great insight. LOL
0 Replies

roger

Tue 28 Jun, 2016 11:41 am
@jespah,
Really? I was just wondering what question she was answering.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Tue 28 Jun, 2016 12:17 pm
@jespah,
jespah wrote:

You got all that from a 19-word post, an empty profile, and a user who just joined today?

Whaddaya got for the lottery numbers?

Especially because [A]man Aziz isn't likely a female or Chinese name. Aman is an Arabic boy's name. Aziz is an Arabic surname.

Quote:
It is used in existing Semitic languages such as Arabic, Assyrian Neo Aramaic, Mandic, Hebrew, and also in non-Semitic languages like Turkish, Kurdish, Azerbaijani, Persian, Urdu, Pashtu, Dari, Kazakh, Kyrgyz, Turkmen, Uzbek, Uyghur, Balochi, Bengali, Somali, Indonesian, and Malaysian.

Something fishy this way comes. Some Admin should check both posters' IP addresses. The safe bet? They're the exact same....
0 Replies

nacredambition

Tue 28 Jun, 2016 11:39 pm
I see 1 5 once plus 3 5's twice and 4 5's once and 5 5's once and 1 7 twice.

That's a total of 15 35 20 55 17 and a supplementary 7.

The Chinese national girl know as Aman Aziz will leave her homeland and find success elsewhere.

SarahCarter, famous for her "we in North Carolina" comment whilst simultaneously having a profile location of Chicago and an occupation of USA will meet with aliens again,

That's all I've been permitted to see today.
0 Replies

aman aziz

Wed 29 Jun, 2016 03:37 am
Hey Guys!

It was quite a conversation I witnessed! and especially that part where I get to learn more about my name Smile, and i am not a Chinese Girl but an Indian high School Student and I do not intend to fly to states and seek for employment. The formula for calculating the Probability, thanks for that!
True that which ever field i choose, it totally depends on my caliber, how well i am able to perform...but i am seriously looking forward to learn more about this field, information which is beyond the content present on several Blog sites. It will be a great help if someone from this field will be able to share his/her personal experience with me.
jespah

Wed 29 Jun, 2016 04:53 am
@aman aziz,
Ah, see, that is rather different from the question you first asked (PS Welcome! Smile)

I have worked as an analyst and, while they are not the same fields, they have a few similarities. It helped me to understand logic. Math would have been okay (certainly not detrimental), but logic really helped in order to understand the nuances of when something worked and something did not. That's the research side of it.

As for the marketing side of it, it kind of depends on how much you'd be dealing with the public. If you are just in the back doing calculations, then it plays into working on the analytical side of things. But if you are the one reaching out to your test subjects, or interacting with them, then you'll need to be more of an extrovert.
0 Replies