I broke up with my boyfriend

Reply Sun 26 Jun, 2016 02:37 pm
First I am a girl , so I broke up with my boyfriend later today because the relationship was causing me a lot of problems with my parents , like trust problems because they didn't want me to have a bf in the first place , I love him but I can't live while lying to my parents , so do you think I made the right decision and what do I do to get over him . Thnx in advance
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 664 • Replies: 4
No top replies

maxdancona

Reply Sun 26 Jun, 2016 02:39 pm
@Aya dh ,
Are you over 18 years old?
Aya dh

Reply Sun 26 Jun, 2016 07:30 pm
@maxdancona,
No , I am 15
maxdancona

Reply Sun 26 Jun, 2016 09:01 pm
@Aya dh ,
At your age, making these decisions can be difficult.

I won't tell you what to do... I don't know the full situation. Teenagers don't always do everything their parents say, this the time when it is normal for people to start being more independent and sometimes this means doing things your parents don't want you to do.

On the other hand, your parents are there for a reason. They are looking out for your best interest... and many times they are right about boyfriends. I imagine they think they are protecting you, and they might be right.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2016 01:35 pm
@Aya dh ,
Do they have specific objections about your boyfriend? How old is he?

As Max wrote, your parents are only looking out for what they believe is your best interests. Maybe they see something in this guy that is giving them some concern. Maybe that concern is well founded, maybe it is not.

When I started seeing my wife, she was only 16 and I was 20. Her parents were concerned that someone my age was out for only one thing from their daughter and did not want their daughter seeing me. I understood why they were concerned and rather than sneak behind their backs, we talked to them about it and came to an agreement that I could spend time with her only at their house when they were home, but we could talk by phone each evening. In other words, I worked with her parents to allay their fears rather than sneaking behind their backs.

So bottom line, if you really have feelings for this guy, talk to your parents about it. Ask them if they have objections to this particular guy or if they just feel you are too young to have a boyfriend. In the meantime, there is nothing wrong with keeping him as a friend and they may be willing to have him over to your house on weekends to visit and spend time with you.
0 Replies