water puddling around well

poohki

Sun 26 Jun, 2016 11:50 am
Our pool has a leak in the liner, so we have been using our well water to fill it every morning for about 2-3 hours. We noticed that when we are doing this, there is water pooling around the well and some even running down the yard where it is located. When we use the water for normal activities, such as showers or washing dishes we don't see it. What could be the issue?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,336 • Replies: 4
Topic Closed
No top replies

dalehileman

Sun 26 Jun, 2016 01:59 pm
@poohki,
Maybe Poo when you have it hooked up to the pool its level doesn't drop as fast and so it leaks from an upper leak

Pure guesswork

Or maybe there's just simply a leak in the hose to the pool
poohki

Sun 26 Jun, 2016 05:40 pm
@dalehileman,
it goes through our main line to the faucet outside...we don't hook up the hose to the well......
dalehileman

Mon 27 Jun, 2016 11:30 am
@poohki,
Poo I'm not sure what you mean by "it," but I presume the well water is somehow drawn to that faucet. In this case I still maintain that there might be a leak between the well and the faucet

Sheer guesswork of coufrse
0 Replies

farmerman

Mon 27 Jun, 2016 12:37 pm
@poohki,
if you have an adapter on your pump, its probably sprung a leak . Or, if you keep the pool filling hose in and under the water lwvl of the pool, every time you shut the pump off, you set up a siphon that sucks the water from the pool and brings it back to the ell. There is probably a "foot valve" at the top of the pump that prevents water already in the line from seeping back into the well and theres a leak in the line between the pool and the well. Does this "pooling" happen when the well pump is on or just after its off??

0 Replies