Leadfoot

Reply Thu 11 Aug, 2016 11:33 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
This world is full of killing and violence. Where's the love? His so-called "love" is not working.

Every great story ever told is one of good/love overcoming difficulty. If you have never experienced that, you are a poor man indeed.

Since you have chosen not to consider the possibility of God, it is no surprise that you can't envision a God that has an answer to your question. Have you ever asked him?
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 11 Aug, 2016 11:38 am
@Leadfoot,
Does it count that I have friends all over the US and many countries? I believe the richness I experienced during my life is higher than most from my visits to 83 countries where I have developed many friendships. I think you're talking out of ignorance without knowing me.
Leadfoot

Reply Thu 11 Aug, 2016 11:54 am
@cicerone imposter,
I think it's terribly tragic that you think because you are well traveled and made friends is an answer to my post.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 13 Aug, 2016 02:48 pm
@Leadfoot,
Leadfoot wrote:

I think it's terribly tragic that you think because you are well traveled and made friends is an answer to my post.

Forgive CI, he's very proud of his extensive travels and believes it's the reason why everything he believes and writes is correct.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 13 Aug, 2016 02:52 pm
@Leadfoot,
I live in reality where I'm able to associate with other humans on this planet. Not some invisible god. Stanford and Yale did a study on prayer; it doesn't work unless it's for the self's health issue. It's psychological. Have you ever prayed for the hungry of this world? It didn't work.
CVeigh

Reply Sun 14 Aug, 2016 12:18 am
@cicerone imposter,
Most studies on prayer come to the opposite conclusion of what you report

The Spiritual Brain: A Neuroscientist's Case for the Existence of the Soul
Mario Beauregard

"using Carmelite nuns as subjects, Beauregard's group at the University of Montreal found specific areas of brain activation associated with contemplative prayer. But these patterns are quite distinct from those associated with hallucinations, autosuggestion or states of intense emotional arousal, resembling instead how the brain processes real experiences. "
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Sun 14 Aug, 2016 08:48 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
I live in reality where I'm able to associate with other humans on this planet. Not some invisible god. Stanford and Yale did a study on prayer; it doesn't work unless it's for the self's health issue. It's psychological. Have you ever prayed for the hungry of this world? It didn't work.

Yet another non answer to my question, but still, you confirm what I told you once before:

You can't do someone else's praying for them.

Have YOU ever prayed for anything?

Did you get what you asked for?
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 14 Aug, 2016 11:08 am
@Leadfoot,
Why pray when I know it doesn't work? I care for all children of this world, and wish they had enough food to eat and had good health care. Prayer will not help one iota.
Leadfoot

Reply Sun 14 Aug, 2016 03:45 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Then you got exactly what you prayed for.
0 Replies

CVeigh

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2016 08:37 pm
@cicerone imposter,
But your attacking those who pray hurts those children. If you cared more about the children than about disabusing people of their beliefs you would be glad for all the pray-ers whose prayer leads them to actually help.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2016 09:17 pm
@CVeigh,
PRAYER DOES NOT WORK.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2016 09:18 pm
@CVeigh,
http://web.med.harvard.edu/sites/RELEASES/html/3_31STEP.html
0 Replies