British PM Shot to Death

Setanta

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2016 01:25 pm
How would he deal with MPP, MLA, MAN (Membre d'assemblé nationale)--why can't them ferinners just be sensible and call 'em Representatives and Senators?
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2016 01:37 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Hitler rose to power because he opposed Jews and immigrants. This was at the center of most of his propaganda. You can go check to see that is true.

No one in their right mind would say that it was Jews and immigrants who were responsible for the atrocities committed by Hitler.

And no on in their right mind would say that Moslems and immigrants are responsible for the actions of right wing extremists now.

Right wing extremists are far more hateful, far more dangerous and responsible for far more deaths than Islamic extremists have ever been.

You are right that there will be more right-wing attacks. I suppose that can't be stopped.

I just hope we don't repeat the mistake of electing one.

Tes yeux noirs

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2016 02:59 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
Hitler rose to power because he opposed Jews and immigrants. This was at the center of most of his propaganda. You can go check to see that is true.

Goering was quite candid about about the need to scare voters with "enemy within" stories. I can see 4 characteristics that the Ukip ideology shares with Nazism:

It is an anti-ideology that builds more on criticism than suggestions for improvement, It is xenophobic ideology, where foreigners are used as an explanation for all kinds of problems, It is a racist ideology, and it is, finally, an aggressively nationalistic ideology.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2016 04:40 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

And your point is?

No one in their right mind would say that it was Jews and immigrants who were responsible for the atrocities committed by Hitler.

Correct

And no on in their right mind would say that Moslems and immigrants are responsible for the actions of right wing extremists now.

Perhaps but this doesn't follow from the previous. And who is saying they are responsible?

Right wing extremists are far more hateful, far more dangerous and responsible for far more deaths than Islamic extremists have ever been.

In the 20th Century, yes, but I can't confirm such a statement for all of history...can you? Besides, yours is a foolish argument unless someone is arguing that right-wing extremists are "better" than their Islamic brethren. Is anyone making that case?

You are right that there will be more right-wing attacks. I suppose that can't be stopped.

It can be stopped, but it won't be.

I just hope we don't repeat the mistake of electing one.

0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2016 05:21 pm
@Tes yeux noirs,
Farage is definitely Goering, affable, with a sense of humour, someone you could have a pint with, but a thoroughly evil **** underneath.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2016 09:53 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
A former BNP member is to contest the Batley and Spen by-election to decide the successor of MP Jo Cox, saying the Labour Party has “blood on its hands” over the politician’s death. ... ...
All major political parties have said they do not intend to contest the upcoming by-election to elect an MP to the seat following the tragedy, out of respect for Ms Cox’s family and colleagues. However, Jack Buckby has announced he will be contesting the seat for far-right political party Liberty GB, which lists as its main aims; "halting the Islamisation of Britain" and "promoting British values and assimiliation rather than multiculturalism".
Source
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 21 Jun, 2016 05:26 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
I had no intention of taking your crap off ignore.

But here we go:

"Horrible and inexcusable, but that doesn't mean it was unpredictable."

Classic victim blaming. "The murder of 6 million Jewa is horrible and inexescusable, BUT that doesn't mean it was unpredicatable.

Left-wing governments in Europe have promoted multi-cultural acceptance of the Jewish who have no desire to assimilate and make every effort they can manage to steer the culture of their new homeland towards what they left."

Those poor Nazis, they couldn't be expected to act otherwise, they were reduced the "horrible and inexcusable". It was horrible but you found it in your heart to excuse it.

"Blame the people who created the untenable situation." The victims.

Its in your own words, you blame the victims and you blame the "British PM Shot to Death" for her own murder at the hands of someone you seem to find tragic for a "Horrible and inexcusable" death that you pass off casually and manage to forgive.

First rate sophistry, twit. AND you can't even correct your title.

Back to ignore with you. I'm tired of your "I don't want to insult you, but ....(I'm going to do it anyway)" defenses.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 21 Jun, 2016 06:04 am
The young Brit that tried to kill Trump the other day

I can't help but wonder if he thought he was stopping another Hitler. That led me to think about how easy it is to make momentous theoretical decisions based on hindsight and how difficult it is to make actual decisions in real time.

Authorities: UK man arrested at rally planned to kill Trump

A British man arrested at a weekend Donald Trump rally in Las Vegas tried to grab a police officer's gun so he could kill the presidential candidate after planning an assassination for about a year, according to authorities.

U.S. Secret Service agents said Michael Steven Sandford approached a Las Vegas police officer at the campaign stop to say he wanted Trump's autograph, but that he then tried to take the weapon.

A complaint filed Monday in U.S. District Court in Nevada charges Sandford, 20, with an act of violence on restricted grounds. He was denied bail during a court appearance later in the day. His court-appointed attorney said he was living out of his car and in the country illegally after overstaying a visa.

Sanford has not entered a plea.

The arrest happened relatively quietly at a campaign stop seen as peaceful compared to the mayhem at the presumptive Republican nominee's recent events in San Jose, California, and Albuquerque, New Mexico.

<snip>

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_TRUMP_ATTEMPTED_ATTACK?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2016-06-20-16-01-59

From finn:

"American President Stalked by Gunman

Horrible and inexcusable, but that doesn't mean it was unpredictable.

Right-wing governments in the US have promoted multi-cultural acceptance of immigrants who have no desire to assimilate and make every effort they can manage to steer the culture of their new homeland towards what they left.

Did anyone really believe that the tolerant people of the US were going to sit back and watch their heritage consumed by RW ass-hattery?

Left-wing reactions were inevitable

Blame the people who created the untenable situation."
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 21 Jun, 2016 03:10 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Please do. Ignore me that is.

Comparing European Jews back in the 30's and 40's to European politicians today is an absurd argument.

0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 21 Jun, 2016 03:12 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Your lame parody doesn't even make sense.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2016 06:06 am
@bobsal u1553115,
That's something else Trump has in common with Hitler. Hitler thought all the unsuccessful assassination attempts were proof of his greater destiny.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2016 06:22 am
@izzythepush,
Trump fortunately isn't capable of being another Hitler. But his successful appeal to the baser instincts of the American voter will encourage someone else who may well be an excellent Hitler and an attractive candidate to a larger group of ethically/morally challenged voters.
0 Replies