Dad- just being dear, or danger.

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2016 01:08 am
I am a 24 yr old single lady, now, and still live with my parents as my father won't hear of me moving out. He brings me lots of gifts even without occasion. He appreciates my dressing sense and form often. When at home, he frequents to the room wherever i am even though my mom is in another room and waiting to speak to him. He stands real close to me often and asks me to sit close to him while watching tv or travelling.
What worries me is he touches me a lot esp. In thigh and curve areas. He insists i sleep without locking my room, and often comes to my room every night to check on me. (i sleep very lightly. So, i know). And he insists i sleep without my quilt unless it's winter.
If he has to wake me up, he always prods me on either of my curves... Or where my skin is bare.
My mom is even jealous of his overtly attention to me, and lashes it out on me. He doesn't even allow me to date any guy.
Am i at a risk of sexual abuse from him? Or just being paranoid?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,611 • Replies: 3
No top replies

miowmiow

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2016 03:43 am
@Fallenfairy,
is he your real Dad??
0 Replies

Yuma

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2016 02:16 pm
@Fallenfairy,
Run and don't look back. Or perhaps you are waiting for a natural born killer to save you and go in a statewide rampage with him.
No seriously. Just move out and date boys. Apparently if you bring them it's aukward... Anyway you know what to do, I think you figured it out way before posting this it's just that you're affraid to quit the nest it's completly understandable. So yeah keep the contaccts with your dad to a minimum and get angry if he touches you saying your not a little girl or baby anymore. If he is a normal person he will understand and respect your boundaries.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Tue 14 Jun, 2016 06:03 am
IS HE YOUR REAL FATHER?

Father won't allow you to move out and won't let you date? Touches you inappropriately and comes into your room?

YES!! This man is dangerous, NOT being dear.

How did all this happen? You are feeling uncomfortable about all this and you need some help dealing with it.

Seek counseling ASAP.
0 Replies