• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 2,577 • Replies: 41
No top replies

rosborne979

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2016 06:36 am
@Amel Mrissa,
Yes, I think it does. He's just a misunderstood good-guy.
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2016 11:53 am
@Amel Mrissa,
But unfortunately Amel He/It also punishes the good
0 Replies

momoends

Reply Thu 16 Jun, 2016 07:13 pm
@Amel Mrissa,
hahahahahaha awesome!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 16 Jun, 2016 09:24 pm
@Amel Mrissa,
The devil surely understands his own kind better than the "loving" god who must look for the good in every human.
Smileyrius

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2016 01:43 am
@cicerone imposter,
The devil is a charismatic leader, with a vision for mankind. That vision however has resulted in the deaths of billions, and would ultimately see the extinction of mankind.
God's willingness to see the good may well be the one thing that preserves our race

of course, if no god exists we're doomed anyhow Smile
momoends

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2016 01:58 am
@Smileyrius,
don't mean to offend but what have resulted in the deaths of billions is Arrogant human behavior. i know its easier to blame it on the devil but... no it´s our fault
rosborne979

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2016 04:16 am
@Smileyrius,
Smileyrius wrote:

of course, if no god exists we're doomed anyhow Smile

How do you figure that?
0 Replies

Smileyrius

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2016 09:23 am
@momoends,
No offence Taken Momo, I am probably in agreement with you to a point, I believe man attributes way too much credit to the devil, men have long used God and Satan as scapegoats for their own shortcomings. If you are of the mindset that these characters are constructs of man, in the scenario in which that is the case, you would be entirely correct.

Quote:
How do you figure that?

In simplest terms. The Earth will die without intervention, through one of any number cataclysmic events or a slow extinction. the bible God however implies that he is able to preserve the earth and it's inhabitants indefinitely, whether that is possible or not, without intervention, we are doomed Smile
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2016 11:04 am
@Smileyrius,
Life on earth will depend on the sun's life. Doesn't mean anything now, but in a few billion years......
dalehileman

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2016 11:20 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
but in a few billion years......
Alas Cis, poof
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2016 11:52 am
@Smileyrius,
Smileyrius wrote:
Quote:
How do you figure that?

In simplest terms. The Earth will die without intervention, through one of any number cataclysmic events or a slow extinction. the bible God however implies that he is able to preserve the earth and it's inhabitants indefinitely, whether that is possible or not, without intervention, we are doomed Smile

The Earth will inevitably be consumed by the Sun (unless we move it somehow first), but Humanity doesn't necessarily have to be here by then.

We are still billions of years away from any type of destruction by the Sun, and we may be millions of years away from random extinction level events. I fully expect that Humanity will modify itself biologically and expand into the solar system (and eventually beyond) within a much shorter time-frame than any of that.
0 Replies

Supermanbs

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2016 05:57 pm
@Smileyrius,
So I do belive that God and Satan are constructs of men based on ideas and theories from other religions... then you have misunderstandings like virgin marry which in coptic text means one who has not given birth not as we know it today... but I digress... there are several of examples of fear control in the bible. Homosexuality, incest, and even adultery. It was nothing for a man at that time to have more than one "baby momma" as long as she wasn't married to another man.... there was two ways your social status was measured during the ancient times one was through bloodline longevity and the other the size of the manhood.. you see this example in many other cultures such as Rome Greece and especially Pompeii where the street signs were man parts 😶 ... the reason for the works are to keep us from behaviors that would prevent a favorable bloodline such as homosexuality, incest, adultery.. so the make these things damning sin so we wouldn't spend eternal life in punishment.... I have always said if you were punished for the rest of your life wroth the sin you committed I think that sounds like it could be fun.... Neverending whiskey jar
Setanta

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2016 02:52 am
@Supermanbs ,
I'm not even going to attempt that meandering, largely incoherent text. I am curious, however, to know if you claim to be a native speaker of English, and if so, what you think the word "wroth" means.
0 Replies

Smileyrius

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2016 05:04 am
@Supermanbs ,
Quote:
so the make these things damning sin so we wouldn't spend eternal life in punishment

Are the ones saying that you'll spend eternal life in punishment the same ones that promise to get you off, for a fee?
InfraBlue

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2016 09:59 am
@Smileyrius,
Smileyrius wrote:

Quote:
so the make these things damning sin so we wouldn't spend eternal life in punishment

Are the ones saying that you'll spend eternal life in punishment the same ones that promise to get you off, for a fee?

Whether eternal life in punishment or punishing death, the promise fee always is giving up one's free will to their dictates.

I'm sure neither would turn down a donation.
Leadfoot

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2016 12:00 pm
@Amel Mrissa,
Quote:
If the devil punishes all bad people
If you start out with a false assumption, everything else that follows is nonsense.

If you are talking about the biblical devil (Satan), nowhere does it state that he punishes anyone, bad or good. He can only make suggestions. Up to people if they follow them.
rosborne979

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2016 12:15 pm
@Leadfoot,
Leadfoot wrote:
If you start out with a false assumption, everything else that follows is nonsense.

You mean like assuming that the "Devil" actually exists?
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2016 12:30 pm
@rosborne979,
You mean when I say "the devil made me do it," he doesn't exist? LOL
0 Replies

Smileyrius

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2016 01:55 pm
@InfraBlue,
Your free will is not currently negated in its entirety, is it Infra? you have me concerned