Who Will Hillary Pick for Veep?

revelette2

Reply Tue 14 Jun, 2016 03:01 pm
@RABEL222,
Very Happy
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2016 06:58 pm
Well its the Wall Street Journal, so make of it what you will. Warren's being considered, but not Bernie.
Hillary Clinton’s campaign isn’t considering primary rival Bernie Sanders

0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2016 08:58 am
Well, the chance of Warren being chosen just increased, in my opinion. Hillary is, as I'm writing this, live on TV at a rally with Warren - among other things talking about how great Warren is.
revelette2

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2016 09:50 am
@snood,
Yeah, I just saw that. I am hoping like crazy it is true.

Clinton, Warren meet for first 2016 campaign event
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2016 09:54 am
Even for those who poo-poo the historic significance of a woman at the top of the Democratic ticket, no one can deny two women would be a different look in American politics,. As for me - it would definitely perk up my level of interest in this election, to say the least.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2016 10:20 am
Warren is only a good choice (from a political standpoint) if HRC and here campaign are truly worried about losing Berners in November.

She brings in no other constituency.
revelette2

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2016 10:43 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
She has 2811 constituencies more than Trump or Bernie or any other candidate who ran in the primary of 2016.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2016 10:45 am
@revelette2,
So what?

Are you really saying that a decision to choose Warren wouldn't be based, primarily, on political considerations?

Good Lord, save us from the zealots!

revelette2

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2016 10:49 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Of course a decision to pick Warren would be based on political considerations, as well as the fact she (Warren) is highly intelligent and able to fight for issues important for democrats.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2016 11:06 am
@revelette2,
Regardless of whatever anyone may think about her qualifications or characteristics, the only constituency Warren can bring to the Elect Hillary campaign are disgruntled Berners.

Castro, for example, could possibly bring young voters and hispanic voters.

She's not going to pick Warren (as much as I wish she would). This meeting is to help move Berners away from their hatred of HRC.

You wrote:
Of course a decision to pick Warren would be based on political considerations

You write this but all of your posts strongly suggest that you really don't have any kind of an understanding of politics.

This is because you are a True Believer.

In some ways it's comforting to know that people like you exist but then I realize that you and your kind are the fodder for the insanely ambitious politicians like HRC.

Wake up!
DrewDad

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2016 11:50 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Clinton needs an Old White Guy (tm) to dilute Trump's support.... Twisted Evil
snood

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2016 11:54 am
@DrewDad,
It's so shocking that Finn is cynical about Warren's positive influence.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2016 12:05 pm
@DrewDad,
I'd still like to see Mrs. Clinton go with a youngish male. Someone who can bring different voters to her. East coast? female? not so young? not so much.

Mrs. Clinton's not going to get people who support Mr. Trump. She can keep the old white male vote <shrug> She can pick up independents and undecideds with the right running mate. Definitely needs someone who would have some appeal for younger voters.
ehBeth

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2016 12:08 pm
@ehBeth,
A year ago I thought (and said) that whoever was selected would need help on the Latino/Hispanic side of the vote. Now I think Mr. Trump's taken care of that voting group for the Republicans (at least at the presidential level).

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2016 01:08 pm
@DrewDad,
Tell me what political advantage Warren brings to the ticket other than her far-left bonafides?
DrewDad

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2016 02:05 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Populist credentials; she fights for consumer protection. It would help offset some of the heat Hillary takes for her "wall street speeches."
revelette2

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2016 02:06 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Drewdad may have different answer, but her far left bonafides is plus for democrats and her gustiness in fighting Trump is a big plus.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2016 02:19 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

A year ago I thought (and said) that whoever was selected would need help on the Latino/Hispanic side of the vote. Now I think Mr. Trump's taken care of that voting group for the Republicans (at least at the presidential level).

Good point. Where else are they going to turn to if Trump is out of the question.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2016 04:43 pm
@DrewDad,
You are describing the far-left
DrewDad

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2016 07:02 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Really? Only the far left is interested in consumer protection?

Mark me down as being far left, then.
0 Replies