Facebook Page DRASTIC decrease in reach, page likes, video views, etc. for weeks

rstone

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2016 06:35 am
Hello everyone,

I appreciate anyone's help with this. I help manage a 4+ million following brand page that at one point was getting on average 75,000 likes per week, 40-50 million video views, 60 million reach etc. However, after coincidentally getting a copyright infringement and video deletion from Facebook, our reach, page likes, video views, etc. has continuously gone down drastically. However, it's been nearly a month and everything still seems to be going down. We are now at 25,000 page likes per week (still decreasing), 10 million video views, and 22 million reach. It truly seems like our reach and video views are being bottlenecked by Facebook no matter what we do.

I am not sure if this could factor in as well, but we have increased our postings to try to get everything back up, but this hasn't helped at all and I don't know if it's another factor that led to this decrease. I have tried postings at different times, posting when the competition sleeps to get on news feeds, spacing out more, etc., but really nothing seems to be working. We are doing a 3-day trial of reducing our amount of content from 36 posts a day to 24 to see if it'll do anything, but I don't know what else to do.

Is this something we just need to wait out and is something that Facebook is specifically bottlenecking us because of our copyright infringement and not letting our content be seen by a majority of our audience, was there an algorithm change recently we were unaware of, or could their be other underlying issues we can try to fix or test out to see? Has anyone had this happen before after a copyright infringement issue or anything?

If anyone has any suggestions, we would deeply appreciate it!

Thanks,
-Ryan

jespah

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2016 07:03 am
@rstone,
I get the feeling it is something you need to wait out.

Because the issue was with a video deletion, do you have other, safer (by safer I mean you couldn't possibly be infringing) videos you could share? Consider where your reach has been the best in the past, e. g. time of day (as you have tried), type of shared content, etc.

Is your product at all seasonal? Would you be affected by people going on summer break or kids being out of school?
rstone

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2016 08:06 am
@jespah,
Thank you for your response Jespah!

I feel like it is certainly something that needs to be waited out too unfortunately. We have been trying to upload videos that won't be infringing in anyway, and so far so good - but our video views are so bottlenecked in addition to our articles, memes, etc.

We have certainly tried capitalizing on certain days/times, but it doesn't seem to work either, and our publishing site really should not be affected by the summer. It is certainly very strange!

Thanks again!
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2016 05:32 pm
@rstone,
rstone wrote:
I am not sure if this could factor in as well, but we have increased our postings to try to get everything back up, but this hasn't helped at all and I don't know if it's another factor that led to this decrease. I have tried postings at different times, posting when the competition sleeps to get on news feeds, spacing out more, etc., but really nothing seems to be working. We are doing a 3-day trial of reducing our amount of content from 36 posts a day to 24 to see if it'll do anything, but I don't know what else to do.

This can definitely be a factor, Facebook shows your posts to your followers based partly on how much average engagement your posts get, the amount of posts you are making is on the very high side and it's likely that increasing your posts has made your signal-to-noise ratio worse.

What I would do in your shoes is dramatically slow down the posts and only put the best ones out there till you get your engagement back up.
0 Replies

robinmosesnailart

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2016 09:37 pm
@rstone,
Hello!

I am very sorry for this happening to you but very happy to read this. I am going through a very similar thing. very similar. Id like to talk with you in email [email protected]
you can look me up to see i am real. my facebook has drastically changed out of nowhere, i changed nothing and was not attacked for any infringements. maybe we can find out what happened.

thank you so much for your time and this comment,
robin
0 Replies

Gemmylouise

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2016 07:42 am
@rstone,
How do you reorder photos in your albums?
0 Replies