Dog

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2016 07:27 am
My parents won't let me get dog for my birthday and we already figured out everything except for space but in one year we our moving to a bigger place where I can get one but I want this one dog and I know it won't be there forever
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 706 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Ragman

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2016 08:23 am
@Colefun1226,
I wanted a dog as a child too. My parents thought when I reached 12, I could learn to take care of pets. Some kids at 12 can handle a dog at that age and some need to be a bit older. It can vary. Have you ever had the responsibility of any pets?

I started with fish at 12 yrs of age, as did a few of my friends. They saw after 6 months or a year that I could handle it and gave me their permission to get a dog. However, because I was very involved with lots of after-school activities, I changed my mind about wanting a dog and stuck with fish.

Mind if I ask how old you are?
0 Replies

seac

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2016 12:21 pm
@Colefun1226,
A dog requires a lot of commitment of your time to care for it. Not sure if your parents are going to be so involved with it. I had cats during my younger years till I finished school and they weren't much of a problem. I had dogs in the past 20 years and they required a lot of time, vet care, food, etc. How a dog will affect your social life is a big consideration if you expect to be active.
0 Replies