Gluten and medication sensitivity

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2016 11:55 am
I was misdiagnosed with schizophrenia when in fact it turns out to be a gluten sensitivity I cleared up with 9 months of diet. Now that I am cleared up the doctor is still force treating me with schizophrenia medication because I suffer a lot of the same symptoms as the gluten, plus many more. How do I get my life back and get this force treatment removed?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,710 • Replies: 4
No top replies

jespah

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2016 12:24 pm
@baudsmoke,
Go to a different doctor.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2016 12:36 pm
@baudsmoke,
Have you been diagnosed with Celiac disease by a doctor? There is an accurate blood test for this disease. If you have not been conclusively diagnosed as someone with celiac disease by a doctor, then the stuff you read on the internet (which is controversial any way) doesn't apply.

Diagnosing yourself is not a very good idea, particularly when it comes to something serious like schizophrenia. You should listen to your doctor or get a new doctor. If a second doctor says the same thing... you should consider the possibility that your doctor is correct (even if you don't like the truth of what he is saying).

- I think it would be rational for you to get a second opinion from a doctor who specializes in schizophrenia. However, doctor shopping (going from doctor to doctor until you find one who says what you want) is not rational.

- If you have been conclusively diagnosed by a doctor as having celiac disease, then I think that it is rational for you to talk to a doctor about what the research says about the link to your symptoms.

- I don't think it is rational for you to take yourself off of psychiatric medication without a doctor's explicit care and a legitimate medical opinion (from a real doctor) that this is the right thing to do.

- I think that you should listen very carefully to your family and the people who care about you about whether the medication is helping you. To me the most tragic part of the symptoms of schizophrenia is that they isolate you from real relationships with the people around you. Relationships are an important part of being human, listen to the people who are part of your life.

I hope this is helpful.
0 Replies

mwinslow

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2016 05:54 pm
@baudsmoke,
I say get a 2nd and 3rd opinion.
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2016 09:25 am
@baudsmoke,
Just explain it (to anyone who takes interest) as you have done so here.
As for 'forced' treatment - Accept or reject it.
0 Replies