Did Jesus die?
cicerone imposter

Tue 5 Jul, 2016 09:17 pm
@neologist,
Why do people live?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Wed 6 Jul, 2016 06:06 am
Just visit one of my humor threads if you want examples of somebody dying.
0 Replies

JehovahLoves

Thu 28 Jul, 2016 07:13 pm
This question has been asked by many people and the answer is found in the Bible.
Romans 5:12.
InfraBlue

Thu 28 Jul, 2016 08:06 pm
@JehovahLoves,
JehovahLoves wrote:

This question has been asked by many people and the answer is found in the Bible.
Romans 5:12.

I prefer the biological explanation.
0 Replies

Thomas33

Thu 28 Jul, 2016 08:49 pm
Death isn't intended. It is a function of reality, identical to anything else.
I take the POV that because post is necessary, anything should only ever be that which co-exists: though perhaps not pragmatic, death is encompassed within this meaning, and so must cease.
AugustineBrother

Mon 8 Aug, 2016 12:35 pm
@Thomas33,
But the well-nigh universal view that Death is something bad and evil is something you write off as not natural. Your method sucks.
0 Replies

CVeigh

Sat 13 Aug, 2016 01:20 pm
@anthony1312002,
You remind me of Reagan's quip about economists as people who see something working in practice and wonder whether it can work in theory !!!
0 Replies

JehovahLoves

Mon 9 Jan, 2017 06:20 pm
Scientists try to find the answers that people want, but the answer has been there all along. The bible provides us with these answers. For instance look at Romans 5:12 and that shall answer your question.
Krumple

Mon 9 Jan, 2017 10:08 pm
@JehovahLoves,
JehovahLoves wrote:

Scientists try to find the answers that people want, but the answer has been there all along. The bible provides us with these answers. For instance look at Romans 5:12 and that shall answer your question.

No the Bible provides zero legit answers to anything. Theists have been kicking the proverbial can down the street as science comes up with explanations for the past beliefs that were believed to be acts of God.

Life has a failing in two factors. One is damaged to the organism which disrupts its biological functions and the second is a biological break down of the physical properties that support the function of the organism.

So within reason as long as the organism isn't drastically damaged beyond repair it can technically exist for ever as long as the system which supports its life persists.

Research in stem cell functioning has proven that damaged cells can be replaced by stem cells. But once again the religious object to these efforts not because they are unethical in their practice but because they prove the idea that death is not determined by a god.

The natural break down of the human body is due to how cells of the body renew themselves. Cells can only split so many times before the process is too weak to continue. However stem cells have been shown to rejuvenate this tired process. Therefore it is possible to live for ever as long as you don't receive damage that can't be fixed before the biological break down process sets in.

Leadfoot

Tue 10 Jan, 2017 06:42 am
@Krumple,
I think you are ignoring a lot of factors there. The deterioration of the teleomere for example. Life appears to have a built in time limit that neither evolution nor science has been able to overcome. I wouldn't hold my breath for either one to succeed.
farmerman

Tue 10 Jan, 2017 11:04 am
@Leadfoot,
one of the 10 foundations of life on the planet include apoptosis at cellular and organ levels. Does this translate to a predetermined max life span??
Why or Why not?

We cannot control the weather or seismicity and the approach of Andromeda, but we can understand the mechanisms so why are we making some big "religious mystery " of the termination of an organisms life.

As Tithonus was granted "eternal life" by Zeus, somebody forgot to include a conferral of "eternal youth" on him so he just wizened away forever, watching everyone else blossom in their fullness and go along till death came along , all in its time.

Positional nodes (like telomeres on a chromosomal gene)include the "transmitting of" Enzymatic "cascades" which have a habit of increasing geometrically during the existence of an organism and although" physiological degenerative diseases" can be whipped, as seen in mice studies, the result is an increase of cancers one of the biggest determining factors of cancer susceptibility is age . We should all read about "gerontogenes and Weissman's erroneous conclusions that death in an organism iw "preprogrammed"

Interesting subject, much studied, few conclusions, but its no real mystery
cicerone imposter

Tue 10 Jan, 2017 11:09 am
@farmerman,
I remember reading some time ago about children aging at an unnatural faster rate.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3572914/Tragic-boy-body-aged-eight-times-faster-normal-dies-just-15-Brave-teenager-world-famous-highlighting-condition-dies-effects-ageing.html
farmerman

Tue 10 Jan, 2017 11:18 am
@cicerone imposter,
National Enquirer used to carry front page articles of two things that would scare the **** out of me as a kid

1. The stories and fotos of people going up in "spontaneous ignition"
(imagine sitting in a room and bursting into flame

2. Kids suffering from Progeria -(the disease of rapid aging).
I was always convinced that I had progeria cause my voice began changing when I was like 11.

My mom made me nuts cause I hadda go with her shopping to the FOOD FAIR and all these crazy mags and newspapers would be at the check-out and I would read em like a madman.
cicerone imposter

Tue 10 Jan, 2017 11:28 am
@farmerman,
The monk who burned himself to death in Saigon.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Th%C3%ADch_Quảng_Đức
edgarblythe

Tue 10 Jan, 2017 11:35 am
@cicerone imposter,
Your link is corrupted, CI.
cicerone imposter

Tue 10 Jan, 2017 11:39 am
@edgarblythe,
Thanks for the warning. Here's a video, but be forewarned that it's not an easy watch.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCEWSSVjrTw
0 Replies