Have You Ever Been To A Film Convention?

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2004 02:46 am
I just got back from the Fellowship Festival in London a Lord of the Ring convention. It was excellent. We got to meet Bernard Hill (theoden,) karl urban (eomer), sarah mcleod (rosie), craig parker (haldir), mark ferguson (gil-galad), cameron rohdes..... and loads more. It was excellent with q and a sessions, a radio play of lotr 4, the return of the towering fellowship, talks, merchandise, demos (stunts, makeup).

I was just brilliant.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,105 • Replies: 12
No top replies

NickFun

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2004 12:29 pm
You were just brilliant? What did YOU do? I've been to Cannes and the Nantucket Film Feetivals which are totally brilliant! I was also at a film festival this past weekend but it sucked - ecept for the part after.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2004 03:50 pm
Welcome, Diamond_Unique to A2K and the film forum. That would be a fantastic experience. There are more film festivals than conventions -- there are marketing conventions not opened to the public in America.
Cannes is as much a marketing convention as it is a film festival. Sundance is to promote indepedent films.
0 Replies

J-B

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2004 02:37 am
WISH I CAN GO TO A FILM FESTIVAL Confused
Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2004 09:06 am
I do too. Maybe one day?
0 Replies

Pantalones

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2004 12:37 pm
I went to one in Guanajuato this summer, "Expresión en Corto" I only went one day and althought it was a short-film that day they showed a full feature. Although later in the night they used one of Guanajuato's subterranean tunnels as a theatre to show German films.

Not sure if this what you meant though.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2004 01:37 pm
That would be close enough to the topic, Joe FX, and welcome to A2K and the film forum.

Here's an industry confab for CineAsia, taking place in December in Bangkok, Thailand:

http://www.showest.com/filmgroup/cineasia/index.jsp
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2004 02:37 pm
CURRENT EVENTS
Telluride Film Festival (31st Edition)
9/3/04 - 9/6/04 Telluirde, Colo.

Temecula Valley Intl. Film & Music Festival (10th Edition)
9/7/04 - 9/7/04 Temecula, Calif.

Breckenridge Festival of Film (24th Edition)
9/9/04 - 9/12/04 Breckenridge, Colo.

29th annual Toronto International Film Festival
9/9/04 - 9/18/04 Toronto, Canada
0 Replies

Pantalones

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2004 10:26 pm
thanks again LightWizard
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 2 Sep, 2004 08:44 am
You're welcome.

Here's the San Diego Film Festival beginning on the 29th of this month:

http://www.sdff.org/

That's near enough?
0 Replies

Diamond Unique

Reply Thu 2 Sep, 2004 09:47 am
NickFun wrote:
You were just brilliant? What did YOU do? I've been to Cannes and the Nantucket Film Feetivals which are totally brilliant! I was also at a film festival this past weekend but it sucked - ecept for the part after.

Opps sorry. That was a typo. What i meant to say was, "It was amazing!" Embarrassed
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 2 Sep, 2004 09:53 am
My wife has attended a few LOTR conventions. I've mainly stuck with the Toronto Film Festival. Once I stopped working at one of the host restaurants for said event, I realized they actually showed movies.
0 Replies

Pantalones

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 01:19 am
Lightwizard wrote:
You're welcome.

Here's the San Diego Film Festival beginning on the 29th of this month:

http://www.sdff.org/

That's near enough?

Yup, near enough... I'll see if I can get someone to go with me...
0 Replies