Is he Cheating??

Eve32

Reply Tue 31 May, 2016 07:35 pm
My boyfriend and ex fiance won't friend me on Instagram or Facebook despite numerous requests sent.

I'll give u guys a back story: we've been together for 12 years. We lived together for 9. He and I Have our ups and downs but no one ever cheated on eachother (not that I know of......).

Lately (the past 2 years) i haven't really felt connected to him.

He is very private (at times to a fault) and will only let me in to certain aspects of his life. Right now the biggest source of angst for me is social media.

He is on it (facebook & instagram) ALL DAY LONG!

Now normally I wouldnt care. social media is addictive - I get it. The only issue is he will not - for all the money in the world - accept my friend requests on IG or fb.

Its probably obvious to assume he's cheating but what do you guys think?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 7 • Views: 1,443 • Replies: 2
No top replies

TomTomBinks

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2016 05:14 am
@Eve32,
I think you need a boyfriend that wants to spend time with you instead of online. Why is he still your boyfriend if he is your ex-fiancé? Did he retract his proposal? Or did you turn him down. If you don't want to marry him, why are you still living together?
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2016 07:42 am
@Eve32,
I'm with TomTomBinks on this one. I don't get why you would want to be with a guy who spends all his time on social media. Are you currently living together? Or are you living apart since becoming ex-fiances?

As an aside, just because he won't friend you does not mean he is cheating. It simply means he does not want to fully let you into his life. But after 12 years of being together, this seems a bit strange to me.

Bottom line, whether he is cheating or not (or looking to cheat or not), you have to decide if you want to live with someone who does not seem totally invested in you and with whom you have not felt connected to for a couple of years.
0 Replies