HUSBAND BEATS WOULD-BE RAPIST TO DEATH

Reply Tue 31 May, 2016 04:02 pm
BRONX, Ny -- A husband has been charged after police said he killed a man who was trying to rape his wife in their Bronx apartment.

Police said a woman was returning to her Washington Avenue apartment around 10:15 p.m. Monday.
According to the NYPD, a man illegally entered the building, approached the 51-year-old woman, beat her with a chair and hit her in the head, causing bruises to her forehead before removing her clothes, police said.

The woman was able to break free and call her husband, who was outside the building, on her cell phone. He rushed inside.

The husband, police said, confronted the suspect in the sixth floor hallway and assaulted him. The suspect, identified as Earl Nash, 43, of the Bronx, was taken in critical condition with trauma to his head and body to Lincoln Hospital where he later was pronounced dead.
The husband, identified as Mamadou Diallo, 61, was taken into custody and charged with manslaughter. He is expected to be released on his own recognizance or with a low bail.

The case will ultimately go to a grand jury.

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 31 May, 2016 04:55 pm
@edgarblythe,
I remember reading many years ago about a burger having rights to be in your home without being harmed.
farmerman

Reply Tue 31 May, 2016 05:13 pm
@cicerone imposter,
yeh but only in germany or capetown
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 31 May, 2016 05:27 pm
@farmerman,
Thanks for the laugh based on my bad spelling.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 31 May, 2016 05:44 pm
@edgarblythe,
I hate these sensationalist stories. They report one side of the story, before any legal process takes place, and then everyone reacts with outrage.

There is a reason that we have grand juries rather than relying on newspaper accounts. If there is any more to this story, and this death was not justified... I would like it to go to court.

If this was truly self-defense than let the grand jury reject the case after hearing all the evidence, or let the defendant be found not guilty by a jury. If after considering all the facts, this turns out not to be self-defense, then this should be prosecuted.

Come on! People are outraged because someone who caused a death is being brought before a grand jury. Really?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 31 May, 2016 07:51 pm
I don't think people are outraged about the grand jury. I for one am happy that the rapist got what he deserved.
farmerman

Reply Tue 31 May, 2016 08:00 pm
@edgarblythe,
this guy any relation to Amadou Diallo who was blown away by cops a number of years ago? (I think he was hit with 41 bullets) Maybe Diallo is like Patel or Smith. Common name in Singapore
ossobuco

Reply Tue 31 May, 2016 08:02 pm
@farmerman,
I wondered that too..
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 31 May, 2016 08:20 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

I don't think people are outraged about the grand jury. I for one am happy that the rapist got what he deserved.

Why is it logical to be outraged about a grand jury?

The purpose of the grand jury is to look at the facts in an objective way to decide if they merit a charge. You are making an assumption about what really happened based on a newspaper article. You haven't looked at any of the facts.

Do you really not see the problem with reacting with emotional outrage instead of a calm evaluation of the facts?

I can't imagine how any rational person could argue against a grand jury in this case. Outrage should never eclipse the facts.

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 31 May, 2016 08:26 pm
@maxdancona,
What are you blowing a gasket over? I haven't noticed anybody here getting outraged over anything. Except maybe you.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 31 May, 2016 08:34 pm
@edgarblythe,
There is quite a bit of outrage over this. I did google the article to read a little more.

It seems obvious to me that this should go to a Grand Jury if there is any question in the mind of the prosecutor (which obviously there is).

If a man was killed, looking at facts objectively to see if the death was justified is a reasonable thing to do... even if it is an alleged would-be rapist who died.

0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 31 May, 2016 09:00 pm
There could be outrage elsewhere, but it isn't here.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 31 May, 2016 09:10 pm
@edgarblythe,
Then we agree... grand jury it is.
farmerman

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2016 04:01 am
@maxdancona,
glad we got hat settled.
0 Replies

fallenangelshadow

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2016 04:57 pm
@edgarblythe,
Now this is what i like to see this is true justice this is what need to be done to rapist
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2016 08:55 pm
F0und an update:

CHARGES DISMISSED AGAINST BRONX MAN WHO KILLED WIFE'S WOULD-BE RAPIST
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2016 10:22 pm
@nimh,
Thanks for that. I had been wondering.
0 Replies