@Foofie,
Probably true
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sat 28 May, 2016 08:09 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

O.K., then I'll say it again:
The problem with many people's analysis, in my opinion, is that they make Trump out as a great manipulator of people's logical thinking. I would not underestimate the masses that voted for Trump. There is an old expression called, "spite work." It has a more visceral meaning in Russian Yiddish, but perhaps, some/many of those that voted for him are doing it out of spite, for having seen their vision of America trampled on during the last eight years. In effect the message might be, payback is a bitch when one messes with the majority?
glitterbag

Reply Sat 28 May, 2016 08:09 pm
@snood,
They have the maturity and smarts to do it, surely they both have had experience dealing with boorish men. The stakes are just too high to keep giving Trump a free pass to carry on like Andrew Dice Clay. I don't think Trump has the self-control to quit behaving like e a drunk uncle being a jerk at his niece's wedding.

ossobuco

Reply Sat 28 May, 2016 08:13 pm
@revelette2,
So it goes. I don't particularly like him either.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sat 28 May, 2016 08:18 pm
@Foofie,
Or perhaps, 'cutting off your nose to spite your face'? Hope the masses you refer to are ready to live with their decision. I think
roger

Reply Sat 28 May, 2016 08:18 pm
@glitterbag,
Eeeew. Nasty comparison! I love it.
glitterbag

Reply Sat 28 May, 2016 08:21 pm
@roger,
I have my moments. thank you, roger Cool
0 Replies

nacredambition

Reply Sun 29 May, 2016 12:40 am
Salesmen sell you what you want.

Money, power , sex , prestige , love , hate.

What a dystopia it must be to live where the choice is between those two prospective leaders (of the free world) .

Where education , health and services are primarily commodities.
farmerman

Reply Sun 29 May, 2016 05:39 am
@nacredambition,
we have a greater sense of humor than you give us credit for.
How can you have pearlescent ambition?
nacredambition

Reply Sun 29 May, 2016 05:49 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
How can you have pearlescent ambition?

Homonym only knows.

farmerman

Reply Sun 29 May, 2016 05:54 am
@nacredambition,
Thats a rip-off of so many qestern themes that began with "The Big Country", wherein the opening themse was this syncopation trying to sound like the turning of wagon wheels over the plains. By the time True Grit came along, this thematic "trick" really was old.

Most of those guys (even Morricone) would rip ach other off and "phone it in".

farmerman

Reply Sun 29 May, 2016 05:58 am
@farmerman,
For some damn reason, this version is sped up so you lose much of the sense of what the composer wanted to achieve, but you can see the "tricks" that were used and were copied in later qwsterns

0 Replies

nacredambition

Reply Sun 29 May, 2016 06:04 am
@farmerman,
Yeah, keep rolling.

farmerman

Reply Sun 29 May, 2016 06:14 am
@nacredambition,
Im sorry, you get a time-out for that one . NO FRANKIE LANE (or wire hangers)
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Sun 29 May, 2016 07:50 am
Judge Orders Release of Documents in Trump University Suit

A federal judge has ordered internal Trump University documents to be released as part of a class-action lawsuit that alleges the now-defunct business owned by the presumptive GOP nominee defrauded students.

The order, requested by the Washington Post, was granted by U.S. District Court Judge Gonzalo P. Curiel Friday. The Washington Post first reported the order online Saturday.
The order was granted the same day that Trump told a San Diego crowd that Curiel was "a hater of Donald Trump" and suggested the proceedings were unfair.

Trump also on Friday said of Curiel, who was born in Indiana but is Hispanic: "The judge, who happens to be, we believe Mexican, which is great. I think that's fine." Trump has been criticized for his immigration proposals and comments about immigrants from Mexico.

The class-action civil lawsuit accuses the real estate mogul of fraud after students paid up to $35,000 for courses they say were worthless. Trump's lawyers deny any wrongdoing in the case.

The Post's order sought to unseal 153 pages from four Trump University "playbooks." Another judge earlier ruled that most of the material in the playbooks wasn't confidential or a trade secret. Politico already posted one of the playbooks online in full, Curiel noted.

Versions of the playbooks with only phone numbers and non-Trump University emails redacted were ordered to be filed with the court on or before Thursday. Other documents were ordered immediately unsealed.

Curiel, a judge in U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California in San Diego, referenced Trump's complaints about the civil suit in a section of the order discussing whether the case is important to the public interest.

Curiel noted that Trump is "the front-runner for the Republican nomination in the 2016 presidential race, and has placed the integrity of these court proceedings at issue."

The trial is set for Nov. 28, after the presidential election.

0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sun 29 May, 2016 06:11 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

Or perhaps, 'cutting off your nose to spite your face'? Hope the masses you refer to are ready to live with their decision. I think

I wouldn't know.
glitterbag

Reply Sun 29 May, 2016 06:38 pm
@Foofie,
Not to worry, everybody else knows a bad idea when they hear one. Some one will volunteer to keep you in the loop.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Sun 29 May, 2016 09:05 pm
@revelette2,
Quote:
free universal health care and free education for community college or vocational tech schools and such like.

These are things that most people agree are something that should exist. They sound real good. But Bernie isent saying he will get them done after we elect a dem. congress. He is telling everyone he can do them now with a repub. house and senate. He cannot and he knows it. He is a liar just like Trump.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 29 May, 2016 10:13 pm
I think all of you are missing the point. Trump said he's going to make America great again.

What the hell does he mean by that?
roger

Reply Sun 29 May, 2016 10:44 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Scary thought, isn't it?