He's perfect for me should I go for it

Blix

Reply Thu 26 May, 2016 07:14 pm
Post Preview
I've known this guy since middle school. He watched me play drums at 12 and decided if this cute girl I like can do that, I should too. Now he's the most talented drummer I've ever seen. We started a relationship in our early 20's and it was awesome. Great discussions, so much fun and laughing, mind blowing sex. But we were only dating and I dumped him for someone else. It felt like the right choice at the time because I thought this other person was the love of my life. 5 years later, that guy dumped me. This drummer middle school love never got over me dumping him, even though we weren't serious. Now we're 30.

I'm single and saw him play a great show in my new city, across the country from where we grew up. I was so overcome with feelings for him, we slept together. Amazing. But also inconsiderate on my part as I had broken his heart and now we live so far away. Maybe it's being away from home for the first time and the loneliness of being ripped from home, but I can't stop thinking about him and how crazy I was too give him up.

We both have other life goals. He's going to be wherever he needs to be the best musician he can be. To cultivate a music community and live out his dreams. Girlfriends are secondary. I have a small business idea I'm committed to creating in whatever city it should work in. But if we coincide in cities I will very much want to tell him how I feel and propose being in a relationship.

Right now he feels emotional from having seen me and only wants to be friends so he can focus on his tour and because I broke his heart so badly.

I'm emotional right now, but my heart is telling me to go for it with him and do what it takes. I dunno, I've been watching too many sitcoms. My brain tells me I need to focus on this business and make it a priority. But this is a story for the grandkids. It's not every day you have a history and chemistry that never abates like I do with this guy. 12 years old, 23 years old, 30 years old, we still are so into each other (just sometimes at different points or levels).

Should I go for it? Or be practical and focus on the business and hope things work with him if it works for both of us?

URL: http://able2know.org/post/discuss/relationships/
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 299 • Replies: 1
No top replies

jespah

Reply Thu 26 May, 2016 07:45 pm
@Blix,
No reason you can't have a heart to heart about all of this. In person is best, but at least on the phone. Please, not via email or text or Snapchat!

I would not put sex into this talk. Just ... talk.

Things are different. You are more mature. You are as sorry as is humanly possible for how you hurt him. Tell him you are interested and you will be patient.

Then go! And do it.

Give him, in your head, say, three months or maybe two months after the end of his tour, whichever comes later. In the meantime, live your life and do not pine your hours away. If he comes back, great. If not, then consider it a learning experience and do your best to move on.
0 Replies