What is your favorite piece of clothing?

Wed 25 May, 2016 07:41 pm
I have a terribly ratty blue cardigan that I adore. It's in such bad shape that I don't wear it outside the house anymore (unless you count the yard). It's the first thing I grab when I walk in the door and it really founds like home.

What about you?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 21 • Views: 9,181 • Replies: 28
Topic Closed

PUNKEY

Wed 25 May, 2016 08:39 pm
Fuzzy bathrobe. I just washed it and put it away for the summer.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Wed 25 May, 2016 09:06 pm
@boomerang,
It's like your teddy bear when you were a child. When we become adults, we find other things that comfort us.

I like my slippers, but more to the point; to remove my shoes.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Wed 25 May, 2016 09:33 pm
@boomerang,
I actually finally threw out one of my serious clothing loves. An old raspberry coloured nightgown. I bought it when a friend and I went on a road trip after she had her first child.

I just realized that child is now the father of two as well as a military officer.

No wonder that nightgown was so threadbare.

Time to transfer my love - maybe to my 22 year old faded purple Rocks sweatshirt Smile
cicerone imposter

Wed 25 May, 2016 09:37 pm
@ehBeth,
E-gads! You keep track of the age of your clothes? LOL
ehBeth

Wed 25 May, 2016 09:40 pm
@cicerone imposter,
there are specific memories attached to some

i.e.

the nightgown = the road trip after Tyler's birth

the sweatshirt = living in Sudbury
cicerone imposter

Wed 25 May, 2016 09:45 pm
@ehBeth,
Thanks for the explanation. With the change in my waist size, I couldn't keep track. It's now 33", and it's been between 28" *(in my younger years) and 36".
0 Replies

ossobuco

Thu 26 May, 2016 08:56 am
I have four particularly scruffy loved pieces of clothing. First, the Navy and other colors thick towel like bathrobe, which is a St. Vincent de Paul thrift treasure, bought in my last town in California. Torn lower left sleeve awaits a needle and thread treatment by ms. lazybones.

Then, my Korean bomber type jacket, also a thrift purchase. It is dark brown with a fair amount of gold thread details on the front of the jacket. Sometime in the last few months I managed to mis-manage the zipper and had to tear the material to get the zipper loose. Another effort with needle and thread, but this tear is quite small, so.. I'll live.

Third, my Rome raincoat. No, not bought in Rome, but the Santa Monica Salvation Army. Still love it, as the material shimmers both red and green; it's lightweight - easy to pack. Must have been an early 90's purchase. It's really not scruffy, but surely out of style, being long and shimmery.

Fourth, my old university sweatshirt, not bought when I was there at school, but later by me as a slightly nostalgic alumna. At this point it's way too big for me. Still, nice and warmish in this winter-cold house.

I finally tossed my old a2k sweatshirt, quite tired around the collar over the years - I managed to splatter Balsamic and honey and red onion juice on it, couldn't easily remove the splatter, and gave up on it. It had lived a good life, probably since 2002.
0 Replies

George

Thu 26 May, 2016 09:26 am
My loincloth
boomerang

Thu 26 May, 2016 10:16 am
@George,
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Thu 26 May, 2016 10:39 am
@boomerang,
Right now? I have a great solid red dress shirt. That's been demoted as my favorite piece of clothing.

The Warby Parker prescription sunglasses I bought?
Eastman style? Love them so much. First pair of prescription sunglasses (and frames from other than the VA hospital) in a very long time.

And I recently bought some new shoes from Amazon (still not worn... saving them for special occasions).
http://i65.tinypic.com/2z69lr6.jpg
I seriously always wanted a pair of red shoes since hearing this Elvis Costello song:
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Thu 26 May, 2016 10:45 am
I really like my espadrilles. They're as close to wearing sandals without wearing sandals. They're not very durable, though, so I go through two pairs or so each year.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Thu 9 Jun, 2016 10:46 am
I bought a t-shirt for my wife from Corfu, and that's my favorite, because not many people have traveled there or know where it's located.
My second favorite is a full brimmed hat from Costa Rica that I also gave to my wife. She wears that often during the summer months.
tsarstepan

Thu 9 Jun, 2016 11:10 am
@cicerone imposter,
My present day favorite tshirt:
PES
http://i67.tinypic.com/2m4wvnn.jpg
I got mine because I supported the Oscar winning creator's Kickstarter project to fund the production of a short film:

cicerone imposter

Thu 9 Jun, 2016 11:11 am
@tsarstepan,
I like that sub too! Nice; I would wear that one.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Sat 11 Jun, 2016 10:24 am
Just read this in The Guardian: http://www.theguardian.com/fashion/2016/jun/11/me-my-lucky-pants-men-clothes-theyll-never-throw-out-irvine-welsh

So different from my kind of choices, but on second thought, maybe not so... given that guy's coat with the filagree..
0 Replies

Setanta

Sat 11 Jun, 2016 11:48 am
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Sat 2 Jul, 2016 12:09 pm
I'm wearing mine today: the GS Warrior, Steph Curry t-shirt.
0 Replies

cosabella2017

Wed 4 Oct, 2017 05:20 am
@boomerang,
My favorite piece of clothing sweatshirts and the lingerie. I feel very comfortable in lingerie and most of the time I wear lingerie while going to the bed. I highly recommend this.
0 Replies

SexyUnicorn

Fri 15 Feb, 2019 02:01 am
@boomerang,
It is dark brown with a fair amount of gold thread details on the front of the jacket. Sometime in the last few months I managed to mis-manage the zipper and had to tear the material to get the zipper loose.
0 Replies