Casual Hookup Sending Mixed Signals

DaniiK

Reply Tue 24 May, 2016 06:25 am
Okay, so I hooked up with this guy. Good time, very casual, fun and uncomplicated. We said we were going to meet up in the future, and me being the straight-forward lady that I am I texted him asking if he wanted to have a repeat. Got no reply and after a few days, I just deleted his number and assumed he wasn't interested anymore or never was, which like no big deal we met once. But then a week later he asks me about meeting up over the weekend sometime, and apologizes for not answering cause he had family troubles. I didn't answer for a few hours and he texted me again saying "Not about it?", to which I responded that I was, but had plans most of the weekend. I asked if I hit him up Sunday/the next week and if he'd be up for it, and again complete silence -_- I texted him a day later saying, "So I'm guessing that's a no?" and more silence. I just don't get this person. I'm not the type to play games, and if we're both adults that want to have sex with each other I don't get how this is so hard. I deleted his number again just cause I don't plan on hearing anything else, but I feel guilty for still wanting to have sex with him (the sex was REALLY good), and normally if it was a dating thing I would have been cut them off, but it doesn't seem as big a deal since we have no ties to one another and it is supposed to casual. Reaching out and not responding is weird to me, though.....

Should I just ignore him if he tries to reach him out again, or would it be worth trying again if he made contact first? Why is he sending weird mixed signals? I know it's completely possible he got absorbed in something again, but I know if I have the chance to have sex it's taking some priority.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,741 • Replies: 2
No top replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 24 May, 2016 08:19 am
@DaniiK,
DaniiK wrote:

Okay, so I hooked up with this guy. Good time, very casual, fun and uncomplicated.

Why is he sending weird mixed signals? I know it's completely possible he got absorbed in something again, but I know if I have the chance to have sex it's taking some priority.

this is supposed to be casual

if the timing is right for sex for both of you, it happens
if not, it doesn't

if you're trying to put more onto this - reading signals etc - it's no longer casual

it's not like you are going to be friends, or have a relationship

__

if the timing's on, cool

__

if you want more than occasional casual sex when it is convenient for all involved, look for someone different
DaniiK

Reply Tue 24 May, 2016 10:14 am
@ehBeth,
I guess you're right. I REALLY don't want anything more than casual/occasional, I'm more just curious as to why he would even make the effort to respond after a week and ask when I'm free, just to ignore me trying to get together. Not looking for anything more than a "Sorry, that doesn't work" or "yeah, see you then", but making plans does typically require a response... I don't know, dick on the brain is probs making me over-think it, I'm just like "at least respond to your own plan???"
0 Replies