Do you know hot pot ?

Reply Mon 23 May, 2016 01:32 am
I am a Chinese girl ,I am glad to meet all of you there all over the word.
do skype chat is part of my language exchange ,I want to improve my poor English.
Do you know hot pot,called "huoguo" in China,the best enjoyment into Winter.
hot pot,and less common Chinese fondue,refer to several East Asian varieties of stew,consisting of a simmering metal pot of stock at the center of the dining table.

Setanta

Reply Mon 23 May, 2016 03:59 am
@lululucy,
OK, let's work on your English:

I am a Chinese girl, and I am glad to meet all of you there all over the world.
I hope to do skype chat as a part of my language exchange, I want to improve my poor English.
Do you know hot pot, called "huoguo" in China? It is enjoyed most in winter. Hot pot, or less commonly Chinese fondue, refers to several East Asian varieties of stew, consisting of a simmering metal pot of stock at the center of the dining table.

The first word of a sentence should be capitalized. Leave a space after a comma, but not before the comma. When you ask a question, end the sentence with a question mark (?). Verbs need to agree in number with the subject. So as hot pot is third person singular, you say "refers," because that is the conjugation of the verb for the third person singular. Keep writing in English, and work on improving that. It won't help you to speak English, but it will help you to form coherent sentences in English. Good luck in your endeavors.
farmerman

Reply Mon 23 May, 2016 05:41 am
@lululucy,
I like "hot pots", when we visit some friends who are second generation Chinese -Americans , the cook of the family, always makes some kind of seafoos hot pot as a small meal when we get there. Its served from a great big lidded vessel.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 23 May, 2016 06:06 am
There was a place in Orlando (actually, in Winter Park) that we used to go to, where the servers were all giggling Chinese girls who spoke no English. The family who owned the place liked us, so we never ordered. We'd go in, sit down and wait for them to bring us food. They always started with a hot pot. It was usually very spicy hot.
farmerman

Reply Mon 23 May, 2016 10:31 am
@Setanta,
Winter Park was qlways a fv spot for us to go in mid winter. They ha outdoor shows and Arts n Crafts museums out the wazoo.

Make believe youre gay and they will serve you special stuff.

ossobuco

Reply Mon 23 May, 2016 11:10 am
Mmmmm, good:

http://www.food.com/recipe/mongolian-hotpot-with-chicken-and-shrimp-327359
lululucy

Reply Wed 25 May, 2016 12:13 am
@ossobuco,
http://image.baidu.com/search/index?tn=baiduimage&ps=1&ct=201326592&lm=-1&cl=2&nc=1&ie=utf-8&word=%E7%81%AB%E9%94%85
0 Replies

lululucy

Reply Wed 25 May, 2016 12:14 am
@farmerman,
Let you see hot pot in my country!
http://image.baidu.com/search/index?tn=baiduimage&ps=1&ct=201326592&lm=-1&cl=2&nc=1&ie=utf-8&word=%E7%81%AB%E9%94%85
0 Replies

lululucy

Reply Wed 25 May, 2016 12:18 am
@Setanta,
Yeah!

It's uaually spicy hot!
0 Replies

lululucy

Reply Wed 25 May, 2016 12:23 am
@Setanta,
Thank you for answering me so specifically!

To tell the truth, I am really touched by you, you are so kind .

If you can share your skype account with me, I am so excited!

but if you are unwilling,I still thank you all the time!
0 Replies

lululucy

Reply Wed 25 May, 2016 12:24 am
@ossobuco,
Thank you for sharing this website to me !

0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 25 May, 2016 12:46 am
I'm sorry to say that i cannot help you with spoken English as i do not have an account with Skype.
lululucy

Reply Thu 26 May, 2016 07:42 am
@Setanta,
Never mind
Thank you all the time!
0 Replies