What color is my hair?

Reply Sun 15 May, 2016 11:55 pm
I had very light blonde hair growing up, which has gradually darkened as I have gotten older. I always assumed that my hair had just become more of a dirty blonde, but I have people telling me one of three things: that I am a dirty blonde (as I usually identify), that I am a dark strawberry blonde, or that I am now a light brunette. This issue is of course exasperated by the fact that in direct sunlight you can more clearly see the red and light blonde in my hair. I have to stress that all of these photos are unfiltered and I have NEVER dyed or altered my hair color. I know it will seem it by the differences in the photos, so you will understand why I have to always deal with people accusing me of altering it!
http://imgur.com/a/ahbCK
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 2,305 • Replies: 8

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Mon 16 May, 2016 04:05 am
Its your own colour...
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Mon 16 May, 2016 12:23 pm
@thescarletta,
Ginger or light reddish blonde
ehBeth

Reply Mon 16 May, 2016 12:25 pm
@thescarletta,
looks like a reddish blonde with sun-faded ends

no biggie

why does it matter what people think or say about your hair colour?
thescarletta

Reply Tue 17 May, 2016 07:38 am
@PUNKEY,
Thank you! I do think it has more red than I used to give it credit for, I just wanted to see from a stranger's perspective what color it is
0 Replies

thescarletta

Reply Tue 17 May, 2016 07:39 am
@ehBeth,
I guess it doesn't really matter all too much but it's kind of frustrating when people argue with you about what color your hair is, because it's such a simple central fact about your appearance, so I feel dumb if I don't even know the answer to that. Thank you!
ehBeth

Reply Tue 17 May, 2016 08:48 am
@thescarletta,
Why argue about your hair colour?

Just acknowledge their comment by nodding your head or something and move on to something else to talk about.
0 Replies

michaelscofield

Reply Wed 3 Apr, 2019 04:50 pm
I think it is reddish blonde
0 Replies

SGuruS

Reply Mon 22 Apr, 2019 05:52 pm
Quote:
I had very light blonde hair growing up, which has gradually darkened as I have gotten older. I always assumed that my hair aznasalon had just become more of a dirty blonde, but I have people telling me one of three things: that I am a dirty blonde (as I usually identify), that I am a dark strawberry blonde, or that I am now a light brunette. This issue is of course exasperated by the fact that in direct sunlight you can more clearly see the red and light blonde in my hair. I have to stress that all of these photos are unfiltered and I have NEVER dyed or altered my hair color. I know it will seem it by the differences in the photos, so you will understand why I have to always deal with people accusing me of altering it!

Ginger / Blonde, it's a real nice color. Shocking you've never colored your hair, it's amazing because it looks like you have highlights.
0 Replies