George Zimmerman puts gun that killed Trayvon Martin up for auction

Reply Sun 15 May, 2016 02:12 pm
George Zimmerman puts gun that killed Trayvon Martin up for auction

Zimmerman also said portions of the proceeds would be donated to combat the "black lives matter" movement. The man keeps managing to outdo himself in tastelessness ever since his acquittal.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 5 • Views: 3,955 • Replies: 49

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 15 May, 2016 02:51 pm
I blame the stand your ground laws almost as much as Zimmerman, because they make angry, insecure people feel encouraged to shoot with a lot less reasoning than previously. I wish his gun had been somehow destroyed rather than giving it back.
Robert Gentel

Reply Sun 15 May, 2016 03:02 pm
@edgarblythe,
The laws are definitely a bigger-picture issue at the root of the problem, but damn if this man isn't tastelessly embracing the notoriety and cult following that he gained by killing a kid.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 15 May, 2016 03:16 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Did I dream that he's already felt enough pressure that he has withdrawn the gun?

I wish he could be prosecuted for attempting to profit from crime!
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 15 May, 2016 03:28 pm
Unfortunately, he was not convicted in this case. If I had been on the jury I would never have let him off. There would have been at least a hung jury.
dlowan

Reply Sun 15 May, 2016 03:43 pm
@edgarblythe,
I know he wasn't convicted. Could he be done for egregious offensiveness? What he's doing is worse than letting his willy be seen!
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Sun 15 May, 2016 05:56 pm
@dlowan,
I read the initial site he listed it with pulled the auction and then he relisted it with another, haven't read more on it since.
dlowan

Reply Sun 15 May, 2016 06:43 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Ah...I must have misread.

Now there'll be a dramatic onslaught of gun lobbyists saying they have been censored.

roger

Reply Sun 15 May, 2016 07:05 pm
@dlowan,
Probably not. I think it's kind of sick, and I own more than one firearm.
oralloy

Reply Sun 15 May, 2016 08:27 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Robert Gentel wrote:
Zimmerman also said portions of the proceeds would be donated to combat the "black lives matter" movement. The man keeps managing to outdo himself in tastelessness ever since his acquittal.

I suppose tastelessness is a matter of opinion, but I don't see it as tasteless when victims of a horrible witch hunt manage to recoup the losses that they have been unjustifiably subjected to.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sun 15 May, 2016 08:30 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:
I blame the stand your ground laws almost as much as Zimmerman,

This wasn't even a stand your ground case.

edgarblythe wrote:
because they make angry, insecure people feel encouraged to shoot with a lot less reasoning than previously.

Nonsense.

edgarblythe wrote:
I wish his gun had been somehow destroyed rather than giving it back.

Whoever destroyed it would have been forced by the courts to pay Mr. Zimmerman the amount that he was likely to get from selling it at auction.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sun 15 May, 2016 08:34 pm
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:
I wish he could be prosecuted for attempting to profit from crime!

Self defense is not a crime.
oralloy

Reply Sun 15 May, 2016 08:35 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Robert Gentel wrote:
I read the initial site he listed it with pulled the auction and then he relisted it with another, haven't read more on it since.

Left-wing goons overran the auction with fake bids, and the auction was withdrawn with plans to relist it in a few days.

It appears that there was a legitimate bid of $485,000 for the gun.

The person who bid $485,000 has publicly wished upon the fake bidders that their children be murdered, which has caused the fake bidders to whine in fake outrage.

We're now waiting for the gun to be relisted.
oralloy

Reply Sun 15 May, 2016 08:40 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:
Probably not. I think it's kind of sick, and I own more than one firearm.

But would you feel the same if you'd had your life destroyed by a ruinous witch hunt and you had an opportunity to recoup your unjustified losses?
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sun 15 May, 2016 08:59 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
We're now waiting for the gun to be relisted.

The gun has been relisted.

Starting bid: $100,000

Buy it now: $500,000

Zero bidders at the moment.
Real Music

Reply Sun 15 May, 2016 09:17 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
Self defense is not a crime.

Yes, you are correct. Self defense is not a crime. On the other hand, what Zimmerman did was a crime. Just because you were found not guilty, doesn't mean that you were not TRULY guilty. If I remember the case correctly, didn't the 911 dispatch specifically tell Zimmerman NOT to engage the person (Trayvon Martin) and that the police were own their way. Zimmerman totally ignored the dispatch instruction and took it upon himself to engage (Trayvon Martin). When did it become a crime to walk home at night coming from a local store with a bag of skittles. If I remember the case correctly, (Trayvon Martin) didn't do anything that would have warranted Zimmerman engaging him. What actually truly happen after Zimmerman had engaged (Trayvon Martin) we may never know. There are only two people who know what really happen after Zimmerman had DISOBEYED dispatcher instruction not to engage. One of those two people was Zimmerman. The other person was the kid with his whole life in front of him, shot and killed for walking home with a bag of skittle.

Based on everything I typed in the above paragraphs, any human with a soul, could see how Zimmerman trying to profit from the fact that he killed an unarmed kid doing nothing wrong who the dispatcher instructed not to engage is despicable and heartless to say the least.
oralloy

Reply Sun 15 May, 2016 09:55 pm
@Real Music,
Real Music wrote:
If I remember the case correctly, didn't the 911 dispatch specifically tell Zimmerman NOT to engage the person (Trayvon Martin) and that the police were own their way. Zimmerman totally ignored the dispatch instruction and took it upon himself to engage (Trayvon Martin).

You do not remember the case correctly. First, there was no discussion of engaging. It was a discussion of following at a distance.

Second, the dispatcher only told him "they didn't need him to do that" (in a context that meant "you'll get yourself hurt if you do"). There was no actual instruction to not follow Trayvon.

Third, Mr. Zimmerman actually took the advice that was proffered, and stopped following Trayvon as soon as the dispatcher advised it.

Then, several minutes after Mr. Zimmerman stopped following Trayvon, Trayvon came back to Mr. Zimmerman and attempted to beat him to death. Trayvon was shot only when he violently assaulted Mr. Zimmerman.

Real Music wrote:
When did it become a crime to walk home at night coming from a local store with a bag of skittles.

Considering what Trayvon was planning, there was considerable criminal intent with those Skittles. However, that is something of a side issue. Trayvon was not shot as punishment for the crime spree that he was about to commit. He was shot to prevent the murder of Mr. Zimmerman.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 15 May, 2016 10:20 pm
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Sun 15 May, 2016 10:33 pm

One of the rare instances where I actually agree with FOX news conservative commentator Bill O'Reilly. I generally don't agree with Bill O'Reilly on just about anything.
Real Music

Reply Sun 15 May, 2016 10:38 pm

TMZ Live
0 Replies