The TSA slow downs over funding just expose it as the joke that it is...

Reply Sun 15 May, 2016 02:05 pm
Catching a Flight? Budget Hours, Not Minutes, for Security

Here is a photo from a few days ago: https://i.imgur.com/2FDVSzD.jpg

And a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byUVR04CMBU&feature=youtu.be

This is absurd, these huge lines are itself increased attack surface and would make prime targets for bombings etc.

I just got TSA Pre Check, and hopefully can avoid some of this because the lines at security in US airports has just been getting worse and worse and seems poised to come to a head this summer.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,389 • Replies: 3
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 15 May, 2016 02:12 pm
@Robert Gentel,
I don't understand how this can be happening, but then I haven't looked up the whys of it yet. Ah, I see your link somewhat covers it.

Good luck re your flight.

Mmmm, wonder how Mexico's airlines are doing these days (I live relatively near their border.) I've not flown with them for decades now.
Robert Gentel

Reply Mon 16 May, 2016 07:44 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Phoenix Airport: Luggage screening resumes after massive backup

Long TSA lines: How long will this go on?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 16 May, 2016 07:58 pm
@ossobuco,
I flew with Aeronaves and Mexicana, if I remember the names, more and better with Mexicana. Most of those flights were quite good, but on one of them, a guy got off the plane on landing (I remember him as having to do with the airline but that was long ago) and knelt on the ground with his rosary. I understood him. It was an Aeronaves flight to TJ.
No idea how their flights work now, that was some time ago. Don't even know the airlines names that are flying now.
0 Replies