Guess i'll say hello. New member here. Just was searching for question and answer sites & found this

Reply Fri 13 May, 2016 07:57 am
I noticed I wasn't getting much feedback on my questions. Maybe because I didn't say hello to members first?? oh well ..
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 5 • Views: 2,186 • Replies: 17
No top replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Fri 13 May, 2016 08:03 am
@tommyirish2,
Hi Tom, and welcome to a2k.

You'll have to take into account that most of the membership here hails from the USA, and consequently it is still only early morning ranging to late breakfast over there.

They'll be along shortly, no doubt.
tommyirish2

Reply Fri 13 May, 2016 08:05 am
@Lordyaswas,
Ah okay. I just figured it would be people all over the world. I'm in Ireland and it's 3:06 pm

Thanks for the reply
Lordyaswas

Reply Fri 13 May, 2016 08:09 am
@tommyirish2,
I'm in London and it's a case of twiddling thumbs until they have all had their porridge.

By the time they get going, I'm ready for bed.
tommyirish2

Reply Fri 13 May, 2016 08:11 am
@Lordyaswas,
South East of Ireland here. I only found out about this site today when doing a search for sites that's main activity is questions and answers. I'd never heard of it before.
Lordyaswas

Reply Fri 13 May, 2016 08:13 am
@tommyirish2,
Anywhere near Cobh?

Fota Park, Blarney Castle, Lucitania Cemetry, Napoleon's surgeon's bones.

Brilliant place,, friendly people.
tommyirish2

Reply Fri 13 May, 2016 08:18 am
@Lordyaswas,
I know Cobh but I wouldn't be near it ... That's in County Cork..
Not been to Fota wildlife park in many years..
I'm from Tipperary, South of the county.. Be nearer to places like Limerick..
Corks a nice place alright..

I've never been to London .. but was told it's lovely
Lordyaswas

Reply Fri 13 May, 2016 08:22 am
@tommyirish2,
London is getting a bit full nowadays, cars, traffic jams, people, sirens....or maybe it's me starting to hanker for a quieter life.

I've heard it's a long, long way to Tipperary. Is that true?

Sorry, couldn't resist.

tommyirish2

Reply Fri 13 May, 2016 08:25 am
@Lordyaswas,
Ha well I suppose It would depend on where you're travelling from or where located, but I know you're quoting the well known song. Which wasn't even sung by anybody from Tipperary. I'm not sure but I think it was Australian troops during one of the wars that started singing it one day.. for what reason I don't know. But you're not the first to give that song a mention, online.
Lordyaswas

Reply Fri 13 May, 2016 08:27 am
@tommyirish2,
Actually, I think it was about a pub near Birmingham.

I used to live down the road from it. Balsall Common if I remember.

I'll look it up.

Later edit......

There y'go.....
http://www.thetipperaryinn.co.uk

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/lifestyle/nostalgia/famous-marching-song-its-long-6722348
fresco

Reply Fri 13 May, 2016 08:30 am
@Lordyaswas,
If the roads in SW Ireland are still as bad as ten years ago, its a bloody long way to anywhere ! Very Happy
tommyirish2

Reply Fri 13 May, 2016 08:30 am
@Lordyaswas,
Ah so it was about a pub? So that's what the Aussies were singing about on their marches.
0 Replies

tommyirish2

Reply Fri 13 May, 2016 08:35 am
@fresco,
You might be on about some of the country roads. That's what a lot of drivers complain about.. particularly the ones with plenty of turns and bends. The roads here are unlike for example in America, where there's long stretches of highway that go on for miles and miles. I suppose that's what makes Ireland one of the popular rally car locations, with the roads to suit the sport. Not all roads like that though.
fresco

Reply Fri 13 May, 2016 09:31 am
@tommyirish2,
I'm thinking of the Kerry ring...a major designated tourist route. Is it still one-way ?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 13 May, 2016 10:46 am
@fresco,
we all took trains except to the North. When I was over there setting up an office in Dublin and Cork, we used to send maps and plans via train and the station guys would hand them off like we were all friends. Damn I miss that.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Fri 13 May, 2016 04:05 pm
@tommyirish2,
Welcome to A2K. His lordship is right, we Americans need a cup of coffee before we log in online, but we have Aussies that post at other times, Canadians, and perhaps one or two Germans. We have one member who claims to be French, but nobody really believes that to be true. Hopefully you will find some entertainment with our merry band of misfits.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 13 May, 2016 04:12 pm
Greetings. Everybody here thinks of me as a Texas dude who don't really know crap, but I am in fact a well trained seal. And I take umbrage at the fact they don't acknowledge the honking horn I bite the bulb of as incessantly as the Clarabelle the Clown honked his horn at Buffalo Bob.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 13 May, 2016 04:18 pm
@glitterbag,
I am not nobody.
0 Replies