Unique art oil painting "rabbit in the desert" signed SAVAGE '71?

HOTAREX

Reply Thu 12 May, 2016 01:55 pm
Hello forum!

New user but long time lurker/collector.

I would love it if someone could be so kind to help identify the below oil painting: (3 images in link)

http://imgur.com/a/Ffajq

It looks similar to Marsha Hamby Savage in terms of style but the signature doesn't look that same. I have scoured the internet for a bit about this but came up with nothing definitive.

Any help would be extremely appreciate, thank you in advance.

-HR

bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 13 May, 2016 08:37 am
@HOTAREX,
Oil on panel?

I wondered if it weren't maybe a section of a larger work cut down? That might explain the signature. Its one of the better executed paintings we get to see here.

Oh yeah and the usual stuff - anything on the back??? Maybe a closer shot of the the paint?
HOTAREX

Reply Fri 13 May, 2016 01:28 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
@bobsal

Cheers for the reply and guide on how to proceed further on the site. Yes, the images provided are only the lower half of the piece. I will be going to my studio next weekend and would love to provide the detailed examples for your perusal.

In the meantime, I took a couple more pieces back with me that we need ID'ed ( I scoured sites for hours before considering posting here). They will be posted later tonight with the details you suggested.

Thanks again for your time and positive remarks on this rabbit in the desert piece.

All the best,

HR
ossobuco

Reply Fri 13 May, 2016 01:36 pm
@HOTAREX,
I like the Rabbit in the Desert too.
Glad to have you here.
0 Replies

HOTAREX

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2016 03:06 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Hey bobsal and everyone else!

Sorry for the delay I thought I already updated it with the photos.

Below you will see the details of Savage-Rabbit In The Desert for your review. I think it may be oil on panel but honestly not sure:

http://pho.to/AEW94

The dimensions of the frame are 29"L x 23"W and the actual painting is 24"L x 17.5" W

Cheers and any help would be hugely appreciated! Will post the other one tonight...

bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2016 06:11 am
@HOTAREX,
GOOD photos. I almost recognize it, I think its a woman painter from NM.
0 Replies