Unknown mystery woodcut

deepaw

Reply Wed 11 May, 2016 01:03 pm
Yesterday I posted some pics of a mystery copperplate I had gotten from my Grandma's art collection. Today I have another mystery for you all! This one is a framed woodcut(?), that appears to be quite old. The good news is, this one is signed. The bad news, is that I cannot make out the signature! Image searches of the piece, as well as the signature have not yielded anything. I have also searched through artist databases and not found a hit. I suppose the next step would be to take it out of the frame to see if there is any other info on the back of the piece, but I'd rather not do that if I don't have to! Can anyone help?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,735 • Replies: 5
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 11 May, 2016 01:22 pm
@deepaw,
This all makes me aware that I should re sign my remaining paintings, on the back , or not? By now that might look fake, as my writing isn't what it used to be. Though I suppose people could glean from my drivers license sigs over time, if they cared a whit.. They wouldn't match those first ones, the polite scripting me.

I've signed stuff and and some nonsense since the seventies. Originally, I used the first part of my first name, or maybe the initial, along with the last, in a polite script. Later I used my initials. Later, I sort of hid my initials, in the grass or whatever. I'm no strong artist, but I've sold well enough from time to time.

Back later.

deepaw

Reply Wed 11 May, 2016 01:34 pm
@ossobuco,
@ossobuco Might be a good idea! Thanks again for taking a look
0 Replies

deepaw

Reply Wed 11 May, 2016 01:35 pm
@deepaw,
http://imgur.com/gallery/bxIa5/new

Here are the pics!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 11 May, 2016 03:50 pm
@ossobuco,
I would like my comment to remain, if one of these posts will be cleared.
deepaw

Reply Mon 16 May, 2016 11:37 am
@ossobuco,
No worries--it wouldn't let me delete it anyway! It's there for good!
0 Replies