miserable
gracious
beams
self-assurance
monitor
exposed .
installed
looming

My son has wrote this simple paragraph using the vocab words .

My friend and I were building a sandcastle on the beach. There was a dark cloud looming over us, which looked quite ominous. I did not bring my umbrella and I will be quite miserable if I get wet.
My friend told me not to worry at all with his self – assurance; I have a new invention which I created to avoid you from getting wet and installed small wipers with it. If you become exposed to the water, it will open automatically as an umbrella and you will stay dry. You can monitor it by a remote. This invention was confounding me, and was trying to be gracious.

is the above ok? does it need any correction?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 631 • Replies: 3
No top replies

fresco

Reply Tue 10 May, 2016 11:55 pm
@noorabah,
Maybe 'your son' should do his own homework. Wink
noorabah

Reply Tue 10 May, 2016 11:57 pm
@fresco,
he is the one who wrote this
just asking if its ok or not Smile
Ragman

Reply Wed 11 May, 2016 06:06 am
@noorabah,
Over the last 6 months on A2K you' ve asked quite a few of these same sort of questions wanting corrections to vocabulary and grammar homework.

More importantly, you have repeatedly ask to actually do your son's work for him. That is not within the purvey of this site and most people here will ignore such requests.

The easiest and most efficient way to help him is to redirect you and him to the online applications that exist specifically for that purpose.

The solution to helping your son is quite simple and well-known by even the most seldom users of Internet. There are dozens of online dictionaries where he can find the answers in 10 seconds or less to each definition well as grammar and usage issues.

While there are dozens, here are 2 such info resources:
Rogets Thesaurus http://www.roget.org/

Merriam -Webster dictionary http://www.dictionary.com/browse/merriam
0 Replies