No.
jwagner

Reply Tue 10 May, 2016 11:54 am
@rosborne979,
God does not exist?
dalehileman

Reply Tue 10 May, 2016 12:17 pm
@jwagner,
Wag, maybe that depends on exactly what you mean by the term. What if it turns out that the Universe would happen anyhow, that any basic change would entail a contradiction

...that it just had to be and in one form or another always was, so that no sort of creation is needed. Now whether or not you want to call it all by that name is purely up to you
rosborne979

Reply Tue 10 May, 2016 01:47 pm
@jwagner,
jwagner wrote:
God does not exist?

Of course not. It's the only answer that makes any sense. What makes you think it does exist?
jwagner

Reply Tue 10 May, 2016 03:53 pm
@dalehileman,
The whole universe always was? There was no beginning? Does that mean that there is no end as well?
jwagner

Reply Tue 10 May, 2016 03:54 pm
@rosborne979,
I never stated whether or not I believed there was/is a God, I'm just curious about what people believe
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Tue 10 May, 2016 04:40 pm
@jwagner,
Quote:
no end as well?
That's the claim, Jwag. Logical, no contradiction nor paradox
jwagner

Reply Tue 10 May, 2016 05:16 pm
@dalehileman,
Seems legit, what do you think the purpose of life is then? If all we do is live and then die with no hope for afterlife then what reason do I have to live? or is there an afterlife?
dalehileman

Reply Wed 11 May, 2016 11:16 am
@jwagner,
Quote:
Seems legit,
Why thank you Wag

Quote:
what do you think the purpose of life is then?
The Universe seems a dull and pointless thing without it. If there's a (usual) God, She did it for Her own amusement. If there's not, you can only assume the humanoid is a requirement of worldly evolution and a Universe without it would simply be impossible

Quote:
If all we do is live and then die with no hope for afterlife then what reason do I have to live?
Some of us find it a sort of fun

Quote:
or is there an afterlife?
I doubt if there is, in the usu sense
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Wed 11 May, 2016 11:24 am
Life is worth PER SE. Not because an after life should follow. Understanding this is respecting the NATURE of things.

Dying is necessary for renewal and change. The time we have is a time on which we borrow from reality and experience it. In the end a zero balance requires a perfect equilibrium, this implying you MUST give back all that you took and open space for the next generation. Its perfect.
jwagner

Reply Wed 11 May, 2016 07:58 pm
@dalehileman,
Are you saying the goal of life is to have fun in the time in which you're still alive? I would still feel empty knowing that everything that I do in life is meaningless, like dust in the wind.....I don't know I just have this feeling like there's more to life to then just existing, everything that I've tried to pleasure myself with ends up not being enough, leaving a constant hole in which I feel needs to be filled, do you ever have this feeling?
jwagner

Reply Wed 11 May, 2016 08:00 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
The death-life ratio is perfect?
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Wed 11 May, 2016 08:11 pm
@jwagner,
That which you take/borrow in life for personal use you give back when you get old, get sick, and die. Its a perfect balance zero sum. Yes.
You go, the product of your life, your information, sets one among many causal chains for the next generation ahead. I think of it like I think about conservation of mass. Death and suffering are a necessary ingredient for Value to arise. No risk no actual loss would render life meaningless and utterly boring.
jwagner

Reply Wed 11 May, 2016 08:18 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
I'm sorry, your texts are becoming very poetic in nature. Getting to the core, are you saying the world balances itself by the form of karma?
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Wed 11 May, 2016 08:52 pm
@jwagner,
No. I am saying that the only way the Universe can work requires a perfect balanced recycled ecosystem. You cannot have infinite growth and infinite progression. You have trade-offs. Even with technology. On that light, whatever you take and use from life and the world as an experiencing consciousness you end up giving it back into a perfect zero sum. The product of your being here, information, processed and manipulated by your existence, carries on to transform the world and the next generation long after you die. You are nothing but a rod in an engine....I don't find it poetic in the slightest...for some it might even feel depressing.
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Wed 11 May, 2016 09:00 pm
@jwagner,
By the way "God" is a rock, a big one. The mother of all rocks.
Although big its nature is its nature. There is nothing the big rock can change. It is everything. It is also finite. Therefore it cannot be that which is not already. If you like to talk to rocks be my guest. I sometimes talk to my house.
Its understandable. I just don't call it God.
dalehileman

Reply Thu 12 May, 2016 11:26 am
@jwagner,
Quote:
have fun in the time in which you're still alive?
Sure Wag, why not

Quote:
a constant hole in which I feel needs to be filled, do you ever have this feeling?
Not quite; since the world could probably have gotten along without me
dalehileman

Reply Thu 12 May, 2016 11:30 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Quote:
That which you take/borrow in life for personal use you give back when you get old, get sick, and die
Not necessarily. One can have an excellent life, than just die instantly and painlessly

Hence not zero sum

Quote:
Although big its nature is its nature
Indeed the apodictical existential pantheist maintains She is Nature
0 Replies

jwagner

Reply Thu 12 May, 2016 04:30 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
So you believe that God is everywhere and in everything? Making everything balance perfectly?
0 Replies