Bumblebeeboogie (BBB)

Reply Sun 8 May, 2016 10:34 am
Just letting mom's A2K friends who are not on Facebook know that her dementia has taken a turn for the worse and she is now in the end stage and is in the care of hospice at home. It has been a tough year.

They are keeping her as comfortable as possible, but she isn't expected to last more than a couple months at best, a couple weeks if it goes quickly.

We appreciate the many years of friendship with folks on A2K and I know you would want to know this. I'm not on A2K much anymore but will do my best to check in and keep you updated.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 38 • Views: 7,336 • Replies: 82

Miller

Reply Sun 8 May, 2016 10:41 am
@Butrflynet,
Thanks for letting everyone know about your mother's poor health. I'll keep you and your mother in my prays and thoughts.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 8 May, 2016 10:44 am
@Butrflynet,
Thank you for letting us know Butrflynet.

You've been a phenomenal caregiver, companion and loving daughter to dear Bumblebeeboogie.

Much love to both of you. You are in my heart.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 8 May, 2016 10:47 am
BBB has always been a special friend. I cannot tell you how much this news saddens me. Just her posting alone, in my Spontaneous Poems thread, made her special. But all of her other activities and her goodness of heart make her more than just special. I already am missing her.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 8 May, 2016 10:53 am
@Butrflynet,
Sigh.

/hugs/
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 8 May, 2016 10:55 am
@Butrflynet,
I'm sad. Thank you for posting.
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Sun 8 May, 2016 11:03 am
@Butrflynet,
I'm sorry to hear this.

A lovely lady.

One of the old crowd, who was an integral part of the family during the good times here.

You're doing a great job, butrfly.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 8 May, 2016 11:50 am
@Butrflynet,
Im very sad at the prospect of not hearing her news updates and participation. Hugs to you both and I hope she will take her leave of us peacefully.

Miss you aunt B
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sun 8 May, 2016 12:12 pm
Bumblebee, and Buttrfly, were some of the very early A2Kers. She will be missed.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 8 May, 2016 12:21 pm
@realjohnboy,
I'm happy that I've met her a couple of times.

All the very best ... for both of you.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Sun 8 May, 2016 01:16 pm
@Butrflynet,
I had no idea. But thanks for letting us know. Best wishes.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 8 May, 2016 02:44 pm
@Butrflynet,
You've been an exceptional daughter to her and on this Mother's Day it should be you who is celebrated as "mom". When our mothers get old the roles reverse - not always, but most often. I hope her last days will be left with dignity and understanding. She's always been a part of a2k and I remember all her news stories fondly. She was our very own "CNN reporter" so to speak.
May she greet Prince, David Bowie and others to keep them abreast with the latest news. Stay strong!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 8 May, 2016 03:16 pm
@Butrflynet,
Such a wonderful woman it is very sad to hear this. I do hope the next days are peaceful and as gentle as possible.

I echo what everyone has said about your care and devotion to BBB

I wish you both the best.

I hope you get as much help as you need

0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 8 May, 2016 03:51 pm
@Butrflynet,
Really sorry to hear this. My last conversation with her was by phone when she was in the hospital a few years ago. In spite of her early dementia, she was as clear as a bell. Ah, false hope!
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Sun 8 May, 2016 03:55 pm
@Butrflynet,
I only read a few of her posts 4 years ago, I remember they made me smile.

Sending hugs to you Butrflynet, you've done an amazing job protecting her, being there for her, when it's so hard to see.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sun 8 May, 2016 05:35 pm
Very sorry to hear this. You've been a wonderful daughter and caretaker. I send love to you both.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sun 8 May, 2016 07:52 pm
@Butrflynet,
I'm so sorry to read about this downturn in her health. My sincere sympathy. You are a great caretaker and I'm glad to see that you have help from hospice. I know how good they can be to help ease the situation.

My oldest sister has been gone now more (from dementia then eventually stomach cancer) more than 2 yrs. Amazingly she kept her sense of humor and some level of awareness 'til about the last week. I hope that medical research helps to give some better quality of life to sufferers really soon.

Hope your keeping well, too. Hugs to you both.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 9 May, 2016 06:48 am
@Butrflynet,
So sorry that you and she are going through this.

I always loved her posts.
0 Replies

George

Reply Mon 9 May, 2016 06:56 am
I'm sorry to hear this, but I hope her transition is as gentle as possible.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 9 May, 2016 08:49 am
@Butrflynet,
What sad news, thanks for sharing it. I'll add my voice to those expressing admiration for the care you have provided for her, and hope that this last stretch is as gentle as possible.
0 Replies