Please help me correct the following email.Thank you.

Reply Sun 8 May, 2016 07:10 am
Please help me correct the following email. Thank you.

Dear John, Peter and Sally,

Thank you for your comments on the work proposal and to my understanding that you all in principle have no objection to the implementation of the proposal.

To have an in-depth discussion about the details of the work initiated by our technical division, I propose to arrange another round joint site meeting in which all of you, our office's representatives and those from district electricity unit will be invited to take part in. Please advise me which the following sessions best suit you for the meeting:
10 Sep
12 Sep
15 Sep
or if you have alternate meeting date by close of play today.

Your sincerely,
BB
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 860 • Replies: 6
No top replies

dalehileman

Reply Sun 8 May, 2016 10:50 am
@chowbarry,
Dear John, Peter and Sally:

Thank you for your comments on the work proposal and to my understanding that you all in principle have no objection to its implementation of the proposal.

(My only other objection is the "and to" which kinda floats. I might've said "for my" but maybe Tes will suggest an even better wording)

To haveFor an in-depth discussion about the details of the work initiated by our technical division, I propose to arrange another round joint site meeting in which all of you, our office's representatives and those from District Electricity Unit, will be invited to take part in. Please advise me which the following sessions best suit you for the meeting:

10 Sept
12 Sept
15 Sept

or if you have alternate meeting date by close of play today. (Later won't work 'cause I'll be out of touch)

Your sincerely,
BB

(Barry, note two additional carriage returns, while "round joint site meeting" will leave me guessing until I learn how to once more capture OneLook.com; whether round-joint site, round-joint-site or round joint-site; "final round of joint-site meetings or "final round-of-joint-site meetings." Tes, help)

Otherwise well-written, you're to be encouraged. But tell us (or just me) something about yourself: I am [email protected]

....and apparently don't care who else knows it
dalehileman

Reply Sun 8 May, 2016 11:56 am
@dalehileman,
http://able2know.org/topic/321707-1
0 Replies

Seizan

Reply Sun 8 May, 2016 08:20 pm
@chowbarry,
Pay close attention to punctuation and phrasing...

~~~~~

Dear John, Peter, and Sally,

Thank you for your comments on the work proposal. It is my understanding that, in principle, you have no objection to its implementation.

To have an in-depth discussion regarding details of the work initiated by our technical division, I propose to arrange another meeting. You, our office's representatives, and representatives from the district electricity unit are invited to participate. Please advise me by close of business today which of the following sessions best suit you for the meeting, or if you have an alternate meeting date:

10 Sep.
12 Sep.
15 Sep.

Sincerely,

BB
chowbarry

Reply Sun 15 May, 2016 06:08 pm
@Seizan,
Seizan, thank you for your advice.
0 Replies

chowbarry

Reply Sun 15 May, 2016 06:11 pm