How does the name "Angel" sound for a baby girl?

ehBeth

Reply Mon 9 May, 2016 09:02 am
@Linkat,
I know quite a few people who go by their middle name - they are often more traditional than the first names their parents gave them. I did it very briefly when I was in grade 2 or 3, then found a way to use my first name that I liked.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Mon 9 May, 2016 09:18 am
@Linkat,
My husaband has always gone with his middle name. I mean from birth practically.

It's a good think because his first name is a kind of countrified. His middle name is strong and direct and I think quite handsome.

Ok, then, I see that people can start using another name without having it legally changed. Although if you're committed to the name you probably should.

Which brings me to something I've thinking about.

Waiting until after the baby is born to give it a name that fits.
I just looked it up, and in the U.S. at least laws vary by state, but you can at the least wait 30 days to add a name to the birth certificate.

Why not bring the babe home, and let him/her communicate to you what they should/want be called?
I can well imagine watching your baby girl a few days, and realizing "She a Jane" or "He's really a Tom"

In todays label crazy world, you would be right to be concerned family/friends would converge to "help" you name the baby, as if it would poof disappear if it didn't have a name immediately.

Put out an annoucement after the birth stating you're waiting until the time is right, and that basically, suggestions aren't to be given, or welcome.

Let the baby name itself.

Jeez, I don't even name a pet before I get it. I bring it home, and watch it communicate to me who he is.
Linkat

Reply Mon 9 May, 2016 09:41 am
@chai2,
Funny we picked the names well before our girls were born. Each of their names are different/different sounding/different images they bring. And for each of them, their names fit them to a "T". They would not fit their sibling's name.

I don't know but sometimes you just get a feeling for them. They were different from the time I felt them growing and until now. I dreamt about my first being born and knew exactly what she would look like (even before an ultrasound I knew she would be a girl) --- and she looked the same as my dream. The second --- nothing.... no feeling to the point even after an ultrasound I thought she must be a boy as she was different.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 9 May, 2016 09:42 am
@chai2,
And we named our dog before we brought him home. The owners of the mommy dog asked what we would name him so they could begin getting him used to his name.
0 Replies