Reply Tue 3 May, 2016 05:53 pm
Team Captain America or Team Iron Man? Choose a side! It's Captain America: Civil War (2016)!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 1,677 • Replies: 8
No top replies

rosborne979

Reply Tue 3 May, 2016 06:30 pm
@tsarstepan,
The first Iron Man was the best super hero film in the Marvel Universe... until the Second Captain America (Winter Soldier) came out. I loved them both so it's going to be hard to pick a side in this Civil War.

The bar is set very high for Civil War, but I think they have a decent chance to clear it.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Tue 3 May, 2016 09:08 pm
Iron Man is okay, but I have to go with Captain America.
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 4 May, 2016 06:36 am
@Real Music,
Team Captain America is the ONLY correct answer to that question. You answered correctly Real Music.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Mon 9 May, 2016 11:00 am
@tsarstepan,
I saw this yesterday. I thought it was very good for a movie which needed to spend a lot of screen time on super-bashing rather than super-discussion. They still explored an interesting societal challenge that comes along with having super-beings all over the place and I appreciated that aspect of the movie.

(possible minor spoilers ahead)

But I think they never really answered their own philosophical challenge. They just bypassed it by focusing on a more personal battle, which may be a necessity of this genre. It also begs for a sequel, but then again, that may be 80% of the point of all blockbusters for the foreseeable future.

I have not yet seen Superman Vs. Batman, so I cannot compare them.

I still think I prefer the Winter Soldier to this one however (just slightly).
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Mon 9 May, 2016 11:25 am
@tsarstepan,
Definitely Team Cap. "The Dark Knight Returns" explored a similar theme of superheros becoming government agents where Superman works for President Reagan and all the other superheros were forced to "retire".
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Mon 16 May, 2016 01:02 pm
@tsarstepan,
Of Course Japan Gets Captain America–Themed Ramen
http://i64.tinypic.com/2mg62de.jpg
0 Replies

rubbywilliams

Reply Fri 27 May, 2016 12:00 am
For me Captain America is the one to pick.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2016 02:27 pm
Why Giving Captain America A Boyfriend Makes Sense
I'll pass.
0 Replies