Ragman

Reply Mon 2 May, 2016 06:26 am
Anyone else having problems with access to Yahoo. FWIW, I'm in So. FL..and can't seem to access anything on Yahoo. Everything else access on Internet works.

Also is true using my iPhone. can't seem to get yahoo. According to an outrage reporting website, there may be some server issues for so FL and Dallas/Ft.Worth Texas area, currently.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 1,946 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 2 May, 2016 06:34 am
@Ragman,

i haven't had too many problems since i started accessing it on chrome...

what browser are you using?
Ragman

Reply Mon 2 May, 2016 06:37 am
@Region Philbis,
Region Philbis wrote:

i haven't had too many problems since i started accessing it on chrome...

what browser are you using?

I'm using Chrome. too. My iPhone uses some different Browser. Same prob there, yet all the rest of Internet is available. I've recently chased and cleaned any and all possible gremlins (all pop-up/malware/Viruses removal. It's been solid and stable.

It's not me or my ' puter.

The more poking around on the 'Net, the more Yahoo outages I'm seeing. An area that looks like Japan, Dallas/ TX, So FL/St.Pete/ Tampa, So Cal/LA///Chicago, parts of NYC. Heaviest reports are in SoW FL and DallasTX.

"Yahoo has been down for well over an hour. Maybe if they gave the Yahoo president 500 million per year instead of 300 million per year, the service would work better."
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Mon 2 May, 2016 06:52 am
@Region Philbis,
I'll bet you,Frontier is somehow to blame somewhere in this mix. They're the carrier...even though this is a Yahoo access problem. I'll bet they've got their ugly paws in it since they switched over and gobbled up Verizon.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 2 May, 2016 03:26 pm
@Ragman,
In the past several months, I've often been on the yahoo screed with none of the links active. I was still able to go to other web sites, so I know the network was still working.

I've also noticed that some of my older emails are missing. In fact, there is one entire file that just disappeared. It happens that one hadn't been used since 2013. I think they are trying to save memory storage. If so, it would be darn nice to notify us in advance.
Ragman

Reply Mon 2 May, 2016 03:35 pm
@roger,
Yahoo cam back up due to their select outage is certain areas...about 4 hours ago..so it was down in metro Tampa, Dallas and part of La-LA-land.

I've no idea why emails would be lost unless, they lost data. All of mine dating back a few years are still there.
0 Replies