How are titles of fields on a form written (italicized or inside quotation marks)?

Reply Sun 1 May, 2016 08:17 pm
Hello all!

The title of this post basically asks it all. How would you go about properly writing specific titles of fields properly?

The real usage for this actually has specific names of the fields, and they are meant to be mentioned by name (meaning they aren't just general terms).

Here is a basic example of a form with fields I have found on the Internet (with the field names being "Vendor", "Quantity", "Amount", etc.
https://www.w3.org/1999/05/XFA/form-2.gif

Do the field names like Vendor, Quantity, etc. get italicized, or placed in quotation marks, if referring to them by name?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,967 • Replies: 2
No top replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 1 May, 2016 08:20 pm
When you post, you can see on the top of the box, B i u Quote Code Img URL
To italicize, you just use i over the words you wish to italicize by using your left button over the word or words. You use " mark by using shift (upper case) and ','
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 1 May, 2016 08:45 pm
@jyearley,
If completing a form like that, I wouldn't us italics, quotation marks, or other distinctions. Try to look professional.
0 Replies