Col 293 Stinker UK

margsy

Reply Sun 1 May, 2016 04:26 am
Can anybody please help me with a few clues l am really stuck on, l have tried several words but nothing seems to fit
216a Superiority of manner (H?L?E?R)
256a Backgammon like game (P?R?I?E)
Would be very grateful .
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 657 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Tes yeux noirs

Reply Sun 1 May, 2016 04:39 am
I suspect 216a may be HAUTEUR
margsy

Reply Sun 1 May, 2016 07:06 am
@Tes yeux noirs,
Thank you fits in nicely, had to alter to another spelling for another word.
0 Replies

James34

Reply Mon 2 May, 2016 04:47 am
@margsy,
Hi Margsy
256a is PACHISI It is an Indian game. Check your down letters.
James
margsy

Reply Tue 3 May, 2016 06:00 am
@James34,
Thank you James. After l had posted question , l went onto google again and after a little bit more searching, l found it. Have now finished that mag and am almost finished the Big that was delivered last week, sometimes l get to finish the Big quite quickly, l allow myself a week to complete it, it is just the Demon to finish, then it is on to puzzle collection to finish, l spend a lot of time on the laptop doing the crosswords as l am pretty much restricted on doing any gardening or anything else. Hope you and yours are well.
James34

Reply Wed 4 May, 2016 10:27 am
@margsy,
Hi Margsy
I can appreciate your situation, my wife is wheelchair bound, so most of the tasks I do. I gave up driving 6 months ago. Too many old drivers causing chaos. The last Stinker was lived up to its name. I have finished the Big, nice large squares Smile. The challenge seems to have gone, even in the Demon. It is a lovely day and forecast more to follow. Keep well
James
x
margsy

Reply Thu 5 May, 2016 03:50 am
@James34,
Yes James the sting definitely is not as strong as it once was, or is it that we are just too clever -lol- for it. We had a real proper education than what they have now a days. l think that is why we oldies are better at crosswords than someone younger. They do not teach proper English it seems to me, also the way they teach is so different, is it any wonder than a lot of kids leave school unable to read or write properly and definitely ignorant of the world outside school.
0 Replies