The Pro Hillary Thread

Olivier5

Tue 3 May, 2016 08:23 am
@edgarblythe,
No system is perfect... The world is unjust, and grown-ups know that. Bernie knew he was taking on a system that was staked against him or people like him. That's why he is such a great man, IMHO: because he did fight, and splendidly, in spite of not having much of a fighting chance. We should not feel bitter about the outcome, but encouraged and grateful that he went so far.

If the playing field was levelled, we wouldn't need people like Bernie.
Olivier5

Tue 3 May, 2016 08:35 am
@revelette2,
Quote:
I spend too much time doing this and sometimes it spills over and makes me irritable in real life...

Indeed, all this ganging and riling must be bad for your heart.
0 Replies

snood

Tue 3 May, 2016 09:56 am
@revelette2,
revelette2 wrote:

When the primary is over and Hillary is declared winner, then it will be time to dance a little before gearing up to defend her for the next four to eight years. Not really looking forward to that. Might find a better past time. I spend too much time doing this and sometimes it spills over and makes me irritable in real life...or just my blood pressure go up.

Revelette,
Thanks for fighting the good fight. It's not unreasonable of you to keep responding to the constant onslaught of negativity against the presumptive Democratic nominee. Hillary deserves to be defended against some of the clearly unjust attacks. And don't let them get you down. You can rest from doing it to recharge your batteries at any time - there will always be someone here to carry on the fight.
Olivier5

Tue 3 May, 2016 10:08 am
@snood,
See Rev? You got your marching orders from the gang boss. What else do you want?
snood

Tue 3 May, 2016 10:11 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

See Rev? You got your marching orders from the gang boss. What else do you want?

You left out "toxic". "The toxic gang boss". Just helping you to keep your non-sequitur bullshit babble consistent.
Olivier5

Tue 3 May, 2016 10:15 am
@snood,
You do tend to encourage Rev and others in their attacks on Lash, and when they opt for a less beligerant posture, you sermon them for it... and when they attack real hard, you give them a pat on the back. Like the good gang boss you are.
revelette2

Tue 3 May, 2016 10:32 am
@Olivier5,
Low blow, Oliver. telling.
Olivier5

Tue 3 May, 2016 11:13 am
@revelette2,
Not low at all. Straight in the face.
RABEL222

Tue 3 May, 2016 10:20 pm
@Olivier5,
Now I understand why you admire Lash so much. You are of a kind.
snood

Tue 3 May, 2016 10:40 pm
@RABEL222,
That's a fact, Rabel. Snakes of a feather.
Anyway, on a Pro Hillary note:

I think she's shown a lot of class in some situations that she could rightfully have handled a lot bitchier, IMO. Like every time Donald Trump so far has tried to get her to engage in the tit-for-tat, she's taken the high road. I honestly can't wait until they unleash the opposition research on him I'm sure they've done. Couldn't happen to a more deserving guy.

Also, I've seen the media try to bait her into a back-and-forth with Bernie several times. This morning, I sat there and watched Andrea Mitchell ask questions like "Jane (Sanders) said you expect a coronation, and want them to get out of the race. What do you think about that?" Hillary refused to take the bait - offered over and over - but instead said she thinks Bernie should pursue his candidacy as long as he wants to, and that she wants to try to continue talking about issues.

I also don't think Hillary gets enough credit for the way she bowed out of the the 2008 race - when you watch videos of her speech and her attitude, I think she again showed a lot of class and heart. She didn't equivocate; didn't leave any doubt for Faux Noise and the tabloids to feed on - she publically, loudly and repeatedly threw her weight behind Obama and pled with her supporters to do the same. That's how you do it.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Wed 4 May, 2016 12:18 am
@RABEL222,
I do admire Lash's dedication and energy, although I actually disagree with her quite a lot. We just agree to disagree, period.

But when I see a pack of rabid hyenas trying to jump on her, I load my gun and I shoot them down. Not that she needs a defender but I don't like packs of hypo-predators roaming around and ganging up on people with unpopular opinions.
snood

Wed 4 May, 2016 05:48 am
Yeah Rabel,
The snake gang leader and her lackeys all claim to simply be defenders of the innocent. Tells you how ******* twisted they have to keep things in their pin heads.
revelette2

Wed 4 May, 2016 05:59 am
@snood,
Since this kind of thing is starting to get to me as I mentioned, I am going to try and copy Hillary and take the higher road and ignore the baiting. After all, soon the primary will be over, Hillary will have won and on to Trump. Gawd, I can't believe it.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Wed 4 May, 2016 08:49 am
@snood,
Snake gang? Lackeys? Really snood you need to cease the name calling, it doesn't help you.

It may come as a shock to you; but, a great number of people support Mr.Sanders based on who he is and denounce Ms.Clinton based on who she has been (which in her case hinges upon whatever group she is addressing at that moment).

So tell us snood, who truly is more twisted in their thinking, you or those who you rail against?
revelette2

Wed 4 May, 2016 08:59 am
@Sturgis,
I take it you haven't been following along? Believe me, both sides have been slinging insults and coming up with unique names for a while now. Snood was called a gang boss yesterday, Lash regularly comes up with more and unique names for Hillary supporters everyday. We have to cudgels our brains just to keep up and usually come up lacking.
Sturgis

Wed 4 May, 2016 09:04 am
@revelette2,
Actually, I've been following throughout.
revelette2

Wed 4 May, 2016 09:07 am
@Sturgis,
Pretty one sided then in your comments.
snood

Wed 4 May, 2016 09:19 am
@revelette2,
revelette2 wrote:

Pretty one sided then in your comments.

Yeah, I noticed that right away. He definitely has some agenda that somehow includes criticizing me and not those I'm in conflict with.
That's why I haven't and won't respond to Sturgis, and have now included him on my ignore list.
Sturgis

Wed 4 May, 2016 09:24 am
@revelette2,
View it as you wish and as you will.

I have taken issue with those from the Sanders side as well at various times. Perhaps not enough to your liking or perhaps you happened not to see them. My main approach here was directly to snood, same as it was yesterday or the day prior. In that approach I chastised snood for allowing himself to sink ever more deeply into the mire. Oddly (?), he did not do me the courtesy of even responding.
revelette2

Wed 4 May, 2016 09:34 am
@Sturgis,
I suppose I missed it, you don't posts as often as some of us do, I do too much, but I haven't seen any criticism or helpful constructive advice towards say, Lash. Then again, I don't catch everything.
0 Replies