Is this kind of relationship fine/ok?

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2016 04:01 pm
So I'm an 18 year old HS senior and I have a girlfriend who's 17 years old and she's a junior. Next year I'll be a college freshman and she'll be a senior and the college is close to her. We are quite happy together but I wonder if this relationship has any kind of stigma. Seeing as I'll be in college, I'm not sure whether or not it would be strange or creepy seeing as she is in HS still. It's just a year difference but still, is this uncommon/strange? Is there some kind of stigma due to me being in college and her being in HS?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 5 • Views: 473 • Replies: 4
No top replies

chai2

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2016 04:02 pm
@Squall Leonhart,
No. Not if there is just that year difference.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2016 04:13 pm
@Squall Leonhart,
You will laugh at your own question in another decade.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2016 04:29 pm
@Squall Leonhart,
I don't think there is a stigma, but it can be a little complicated having a relationship with someone in a different stage of their life.

You'll be starting something new, being a little fish in a big pond. She will be a comparatively big fish in a small pond. Studying in college/university is different than going to high school. You'll be meeting new people. She won't have as much of that same opportunity.

There will be adjustments/accommodations you'll both need to make.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2016 06:25 am
@Squall Leonhart,
I was a junior in college when my wife and I started dating and she was a HS junior. Were there issues we had to navigate? Sure. (Her mother not being certain about my intentions, etc.) But it was not strange. We married the year after we graduated and will celebrate our 34th anniversary in June.

With only one year difference between you two, what does it matter that you are in college and she is in HS. Should be no big deal. Good luck.
0 Replies