Let My Mouth Get Away With Me. Pretty Sure I Screwed Up

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2016 01:21 pm
So I've been seeing this guy for about 2 months (not exclusively) and he's been pretty consistent. Well was. He took me out for Valentines Day and ever since then he's asked to see me every week and even multiple times during the week so I think it's safe to say he's interested. Any who while hanging out he was asking about my ex and why we broke up and if we had ever lived together. I was a little too honest and said "no I like my space. I don't like be bothered" *smacks forehead*. Then I just kept going when he asked about previous guys I told this guy that I have issues with getting close (people getting too close and I push them away). I guess you can label it intimacy issues? My dumba** even gave him examples when he asked what do you mean instead of just leaving it alone.

I'm not sure if I spooked the poor guy or not. When he got close to me later on he made a joke and ask if that was too intimate for me. Even when he walked me to my car he kissed me then went in for a hug and said, "oh another intimate moment".

I'm not sure if he was joking because he was okay with what I said or if he was bothered by it.

Just before seeing him and oversharing he had asked to see me 3 days in a row but I hadn't heard from him all week. My friends said it sounded like I was hinting for him to back off (which isn't the case).

I wasn't sure what to do so I finally reached out. I'm a nurse and had crazy hours this past week and wanted to call but I had to shoot him a text. I mentioned an inside joke then mentioned the oversharing moment. Pretty much said to forget what I said because that's not how it is now. He laughed at the joke and commented on it but didn't even acknowledge what I said to clear the air. Not sure why he did that. I'm still confused.

I do want him to close though I just didn't know when to shut up

So was he bothered by what I said and that's why he made the jokes? Thoughts?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 1,245 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Tes yeux noirs

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2016 01:55 pm
It doesn't sound to me like you 'overshared'. It sounds like you were honest and open about yourself. It may not have scared him off, it's too soon to tell, but even if it has, believe me, there are plenty of guys in the world who value people like you.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2016 02:05 pm
Look - if you like this guy, then call him and ask to see him.

Let him know that you are interested and hope that he didn't misunderstand you when you spoke, since you felt you might have pushed him away.

Tell him you like to go real slow, but not move like it's dead in the water.

And stop playing "little miss independent" games and giving mixed messages.

You will lose him, if you continue to push/pull like this. Say what you mean and mean what you say.
Tes yeux noirs

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2016 02:11 pm
@PUNKEY,
Quote:
stop playing "little miss independent" games

Not sure what this is supposed to mean.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2016 02:59 pm
"no I like my space. I don't like (to) be bothered"
"I push people away . . "
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2016 03:00 pm
@jebrooks1988,
Quote:
He laughed at the joke and commented on it but didn't even acknowledge what I said to clear the air. Not sure why he did that. I'm still confused.
The confusion is all you.
0 Replies