Look at the bright side of bathrooms per gender ID

ossobuco

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2016 01:23 pm
@dlowan,
Happened to me years ago at the Tijuana bull ring where my girlfriend group and I went to see El Cordobes. What a mess.. it was a fairly large bathroom...

I mentioned that on one of these bathroom threads recently, am posting it again to share the agony with Dlowan.
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2016 04:51 pm
@chai2,
"Well, so what is the bathroom of the future going to look like then? Urinals with guys pissing and women walking by to go into a stall? "

Very frequent occurance in France.

The first time it happened to me, a lady casually walked in through the door wearing a fur coat and holding a miniature poodle in her arms.

"Pardon", she said as she passed. She then went into a stall and lots of shuffling ensued. I tried not to listen.

The worst one was a French motorway loo, where the urinal was right next to the door, on the wall adjacent to the door handle.
I hadn't realised it was a multiloo, and had just got into my flow when the door opened and a woman walked past.
The door swung halfway back and stuck wide open, leaving me to pee facing slightly side on to a group of women standing and chatting about six feet away in the coffee bar.

Not exactly my most comfortable moment.

Ragman

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2016 05:14 pm
@Lordyaswas,
I have 'shy kidney' in a men's room...never mind a multi-loo.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2016 05:39 pm
I think there is some confusion in these threads re what is a uni bathroom or some similar wording and now a new word to me, multi loo, about which I am chary as a concept but not clear about what I think yet.

There is also the matter of age. I'm not all fragile these days, but somewhat, and for a variety of reasons via experience, am careful, so I am not even going to try to sell stuff by Craigs List, as I live by myself. I'm not paranoid, though, just careful. Most people are just people, not out to get you.

So, old lady going to a stall with her purse in a multi bathroom in some roisterous part of town?
In a script I'd figure others would protect her, but maybe not.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2016 05:53 pm
@Ragman,
"Shy kidney" is better than partial kidney like mine that works at 36%.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 25 May, 2016 12:51 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

best though is the non-gendered washrooms that more facilities are putting in now - we've got them at quite a few concert venues (opera house etc) now - one mixed line, in/out/in/out, very efficient

the ROM's got some new ones

http://www.cbc.ca/news/arts/rom-gender-neutral-washrooms-1.3589399?cmp=rss

http://i.cbc.ca/1.3589434.1463674226!/fileImage/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/16x9_620/rom-signs-of-the-times.jpg
0 Replies