Who do you want to win the NBA finals this year?

ossobuco

Reply Tue 21 Jun, 2016 05:25 pm
@sozobe,
<grin>
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2016 11:02 am
@sozobe,
That was a fairy-tale ending! Awesome for Ohioans!
sozobe

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2016 12:02 pm
@Robert Gentel,
SO awesome!

Everyone's still kinda giddy.

Thought about making the trek to Cleveland for the parade today, but have too much stuff to do for that to be realistic. I know lots of people who are though!
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2016 07:29 pm
Anyone have thoughts on who you want to win next year? With KD joining the warriors I'm pretty much an any team but them guy for the next three years.

Not that I'm salty about it like many fans, I like superteams and think they make things interesting. I actually enjoy watching them but still root for them to lose just because I like to underdog narrative.
Real Music

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2016 10:48 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Quote:
Anyone have thoughts on who you want to win next year? With KD joining the warriors I'm pretty much an any team but them guy for the next three years.

I don't have any particular NBA team. If I were to root for one team to win next year, it would have to be OKC Thunder. I am rooting against Kevin Durant. KD did a punk move with the "If you can't beat them join them" move. OKC choked and lost to Golden State after being up 3-1. Many believe OKC should have won that series after being up 3-1. I thought KD would want to redeem himself after losing a series that many believe OKC should have won. Instead of redeeming himself, he decides to go to the team he should have defeated. If KD had gone to any other team, it would not have been as bad. But, going to Golden State is saying "If you can't be them join them." That is a punk move. From this point on, I will always root against KD the rest of NBA career. It would be extra sweet if Russell Westbrook and the OKC were to win a championship next season just to stick it to Kevin Durant.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2016 10:58 am
@Robert Gentel,
I'm gonna stick with the Cavs. Not with any expectation they'll win anything, and it seems likely to be a kind of a sad year since they'll be good enough that hopes for a repeat are high but not good enough to do it. But I was wrong about that this year and would love to be wrong again.
0 Replies

chirchri

Reply Mon 12 Jun, 2017 01:16 am
@Region Philbis,

What a coincidence!
0 Replies