Help me please!

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2016 09:36 pm
So there's a cute guy that lives in the same state as me. I saw him through Instagram. He knows people I know but I personally don't know him. However I know he's gay and I'm bi. However I haven't told anybody and so I wanna like talk to the guy and keep it secret and let it slowly come out from there. Again I don't know him. I only know him through Instagram. I know his kik too. And I screwed myself up when I texted him "hi". Please help me.

jespah

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2016 07:41 am
@IN33dHelp,
Well, if the roles were reversed, I think you'd find that creepy, yes?

But I think 'hi' isn't necessarily going to sink you. How about, you know, introducing yourself?

"Hi, I'm IN33dHelp, and I just wanted to tell you, that's a great picture of a dog on your profile. Smile"

Then leave it (if not a dog, then a horse or sunset or whatever. Please don't comment on a picture of him).

And try to learn how to get acquainted with people who are closer to home. Gay, bi, male, female - just talk to people, in person and online. Don't make it about sexuality or sex or who is cute. You're just a friendly guy who says hi to people.

Some of them will say hi back and might be worthwhile to befriend or even start something with. Others will not. In the meantime, this guy may or may not come around (probably not; I'm in Boston and I would find it really, really weird if someone in Worcester just decided to be my pal just because we're in the same state and that person thinks I'm cute. That's kinda nothing, right?), but you'll have occupied your time and not let it eat you alive.
0 Replies