No top replies

chai2

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2016 02:59 pm
@chai2,
http://cdn.phys.org/newman/csz/news/800/2016/dutchartista.jpg
farmerman

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2016 10:00 pm
@chai2,
we have a 3d orinter at the museum I help out as a "guest curator"> I got really ecited when we were able to make overlays of fossil trilobites and I could find body shell areas that changed with time. The computer cold make the printer box spit out the exact areas of change in different colors.
We made a set of evolved specimens that represented a sppecific genu over time.

I wanted to try to see whether anyone who had a collection of hominim skulls to "print" out the areas of growth of the skulls through time.

W can only print out 1 color also, but ours requires really big specimens be printed out in small sections that are fit together by the computer program.
This one is amazing. (Although I wonder whewther they got the arms too long or the legs too short)
Now I can see that it IS possible to make a complex specimen program and then print it out. Did it say whether there were any areas of segmenting?( due to size limitations of the print "box).
(The plastic printers use rolls of a specific heat sensitive plastic . This is heated and "Deposited" in a virtual framework that is envisioned by a computer program. A good laptop will allow for the entire program The ones we use for fossil trilobites is easily handled by a "Surface 3" and still have enough space for normsl specimen curatory work.

The only problem I have is that the plastic depositer really smokes and stinks of PVC or styrene . You need a really good exhaust fan set up.
Setanta

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2016 01:54 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
I wanted to try to see whether anyone who had a collection of hominim skulls to "print" out the areas of growth of the skulls through time.

Wouldn't that be an add hominim, though?
roger

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2016 02:48 am
@Setanta,
G r o o o a a n
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2016 03:10 am
Thank you . . . thank you . . . try the veal.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2016 03:32 am
@Setanta,
oy, Excellent excellent.

0 Replies