Should i stay on ground floor or first floor after marriage?

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2016 04:10 am
Hi Friends
I am male and about to get married. We have a 2 storied house with a bedroom on ground floor where my parents stay and another bedroom[my room] currently on the first floor. After my marriage my parents are insisting they will shift to first floor and they want me to go to ground floor because of vasthu of house. Should i accept it happily. Are there any other couples in the same situation? Will there be any privacy issues if i stay on ground floor. Am confused.

Please suggest and help me.

Thanks

Setanta

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2016 05:12 am
Well, as no one here knows the floor plan of the house, or how well it is constructed, it is not reasonable to expect anoney here to give you useful advice.
archh1134

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2016 06:37 am
@Setanta,
Hi thanks for the reply. But why do you need floor plan. The house has stairs to go to first floor.
0 Replies

drleo

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2016 07:14 am
@archh1134,
No one knows how your house looks like
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2016 07:31 am
@archh1134,
Keep your parents on the lower level because, as they age, they'll find it harder to navigate stairs.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2016 09:10 am
@archh1134,
Thanks for bringing the interesting concept of vasthu to my/our attention . https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vastu_shastra It's not something many posters here would be familiar with.

More importantly than anything else, what does your future wife think of living with your parents? is there an option to live independently rather than with your parents?

If you have no alternative to living in your parents' home, what room does your wife to be want to use? what would be most convenient if/when you start having children? how long would you remain in your parents'home - have you got a plan in place to live just with your wife and children?
archh1134

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2016 09:18 pm
@ehBeth,
Thank you for the reply

We don't have plans to move independently at all. My future wife is absolutely fine with living with my parents. She is already very close to my parents that they are treating her as their daughter Smile . My wife is completely ok with any rom and has left the decision to me. She says the bedroom at the ground floor is also ok for her.

My major question is : Kitchen and all is in the ground floor. Practically will there be any privacy issues for me and my wife as we would be newly married couple. Sometimes i feel that its not a issue at all staying at ground floor also as there are single floor houses also and both the parents and couple stay on the same ground floor.

I just want to make myself clear. Waiting for your help
ehBeth

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2016 09:21 pm
@archh1134,
If you have no alternative to living with your parents, I'd suggest that you and your wife go upstairs. More privacy for you and your wife, and fewer steps for your parents as they age.
archh1134

Reply Tue 19 Apr, 2016 12:20 am
@ehBeth,
Thanks a lot for the help Smile
0 Replies