Can CPS strip search a kid at school with a school officials help?

Thu 14 Apr, 2016 11:06 am
In Texas is a CPS worker allowed to come to the school and strip search a child? I'm quite aware they can come to the school and interrogate the kids without parental consent. I also know the interview must be taped in Texas. My kids were strip searched by the nurse and a CPS worker in the bathroom. They say their underwear were looked into. They also tell me they did not want to take their clothes off and the nurse did it for them. Can someone let me know if this part of their investigation is legal?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,429 • Replies: 2
Topic Closed
No top replies

maxdancona

Thu 14 Apr, 2016 12:39 pm
@Need2know30,
You should get a lawyer.

I am guessing that it is legal, but I don't know anything. I would think that if they were investigating abuse they would need to be able to check on a child without parental consent.
0 Replies

boomerang

Thu 14 Apr, 2016 02:40 pm
@Need2know30,
This topic has actually been before the Supreme Court in 2009 with Safford Unified School District v. Redding.

It seems to boil down to what was being searched for and what information the school had that led to the search.

The fact that they called in a CPS worker makes me think they suspected abuse. I think if they had good reason to suspect abuse that the search would probably be allowed.
0 Replies